Does this concern you? (1 Viewer)

Daddy_Duke

Section 151 Drunkard
Reaction score
Of Brees' 34 TD's last season, only 11 came on the road.

I expect one word answers ("NO"), but may there be some sort of validity to this?

I checked the stats, and they are indeed valid

I checked the stats, and they are indeed valid

And also 11 of the 14 INT's came on the road.

I'm as big a Brees fan as they come, but I hope this gets turned around. I'm now even more anxious to see our offense in action tomorrow!

Nice observation. Your about to get slammed for being a Brees hater by the rest of the board. One thing to consider is we didn't have a run game last year so teams would drop additonal players into coverage. With Colston and Shockey being gimpy and Moore being the main guy it wasn't hard to jump a passing lane, play zone D or double coverage with little worry of someone breaking a long one if they are single covered.

I believe that Henderson's hands are better, Meachem is looking to step up in his third year, Shockey and Colston are Healthy and we have 2 very capable RB's and Bush is who he is, very dangerous. I don't think we'll deal with that this year but what we do have to do is play the same ball on the road that we do in THE DOME!!!!!!

The Eagles game will be very telling. There is nothing wrong with the Ealges defense so we can truely evaluate what or Offense is going to do against a high caliber defense.

Nice observation. Your about to get slammed for being a Brees hater by the rest of the board. One thing to consider is we didn't have a run game last year so teams would drop additonal players into coverage. With Colston and Shockey being gimpy and Moore being the main guy it wasn't hard to jump a passing lane, play zone D or double coverage with little worry of someone breaking a long one if they are single covered.

I believe that Henderson's hands are better, Meachem is looking to step up in his third year, Shockey and Colston are Healthy and we have 2 very capable RB's and Bush is who he is, very dangerous. I don't think we'll deal with that this year but what we do have to do is play the same ball on the road that we do in THE DOME!!!!!!

The Eagles game will be very telling. There is nothing wrong with the Ealges defense so we can truely evaluate what or Offense is going to do against a high caliber defense.

That would be moronic and completely inaccurate. Every single player can improve, and combining this with closing out games, Brees would likely say the same.

We need to be a better road team as a whole, especially considering that our most significant road win last season was against a terrible Kansas City team.

This has nothing to do with the Home/Away discrepancy, however.

And also 11 of the 14 INT's came on the road.

I'm as big a Brees fan as they come, but I hope this gets turned around. I'm now even more anxious to see our offense in action tomorrow!

This is a new year and stats like these do not transfer from year to year, so the answer is NO. Just look at the 2007 season for Drew in comparison to last year.

Of Drew's 28 TD passes 17 were on the road. He had 17 TD versus 8 interceptions on the road but at home he concluded with 11 TD's versus 10 interceptions. So, you would have said at the beginning of last year "I hope this gets turned around"; he has to play better at home. Then he puts up the home stats that you mention...

It's a new year no need to get stuck on the past because something tells me Drew has a short memory.

Linkage:

http://www.nfl.com/players/drewbrees/situationalstats?id=BRE229498&season=2007

Since Sean and Drew have come to town we are 12-11 road vs home in the L category. It seems to me that flipping a coin would work just as well when trying to determine what that means and what the outcome will be.

Seems like the team worked a lot on Red Zone drills. Shockey will be hard to cover in the red zone now that he's healthy, so we should score a lot more touchdowns this year. I was wondering if they set out to break Brady's TD record this year. You have to think they went after the passing record last year, even if they admit it or not.

If memory serves me right, Brees was pretty good on the road in 2006.

That would be moronic and completely inaccurate. Every single player can improve, and combining this with closing out games, Brees would likely say the same.

We need to be a better road team as a whole, especially considering that our most significant road win last season was against a terrible Kansas City team.

I think you misunderstand my intention Sir. I was agreeing with you. You are treading on Holy Ground, (negative observations about Brees) However, I believe my observation about why he threw as many interceptions on the road are completely accurate. It easy to game play for a one demensional team. Last year we discovered the run game at the latter part of the season. In the Super Dome we also don't have to worry about crowd noise which is a major distractions for visting teams. I stand by my points as far as why interceptions came. If it applies to anyother team that airs it out with no run game why wouldn't apply to the Saints?

slightly perhaps, but he was awesome on the road in 06. HE seems to be up and down with regards to that but it could also be the defenses we faced.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom