Does this game scares anyone else or is it just me (1 Viewer)

A win today puts the team at 3-1 during this qtr of the season after going 1-3 first qtr.

Win today & go 3-1 each of the last two qtrs of the season. Saints can possibly finish 10-6 believe it or not.

Tough sled but possible

And don't forget about the Titans last season.

Still, I look at this year's team a little different. Literally should have won every game except maybe Atlanta and we were in bad shape for that game. With Rankins, Breaux, and Moore back, we're deeper than we've been since before the season started.

Unless our offense does another disappearing act like vs the Giants of course.

If you aren't worried about this game, you should be.

We are about to face a west coast road game against a team that's lost six straight against the spread and is coming off a bye. Absolutely terrible setup.

What's Vegas saying? The past couple weeks you predicted the games pretty well. Let's hear this week's prognosis!

Well put. You can look back at my post history for the past few months and see exactly what you just said.

I have seen the plan taking shape with this team for the past year or so. They took a shot with JR & Jimmy & Byrd and they missed. They accepted their mistakes, albeit slowly. Now they are taking shot #3 and I can clearly see what the idea is.

'06-'08: Building up a downtrodden franchise
'09-'11: Shot #1 ends in success!
'12: This season does not exist to me, and never will
'13-'14: Shot #2 (Jr, JG, & Byrd) Big whiff.
'15-'16: Retooling
'17-'??: A last run at glory for as long as Brees arm can hang on

I've even suggested that folks throw down a few dollars on the Saints winning the Super Bowl over the next 3 years, as I truly believe that they will be that good and the betting odds are only going to go down as the Saints play better and Carolina and Seattle both slowly return to the median.

This season has never been about winning any particular game for me. It has always been about player development, determining who will be here in '17 and therefore which holes will need to be filled in FA and through the draft, and learning to win.

But, the lagniappe in all of this is IF the team does stay competitive throughout the season, and get to play in tough, meaningful games late in the year, perhaps even loosing (or winning) a wildcard game. That type of experience, while not inherently necessary to going on a 2 or 3 year run, does seem to be helpful in showing a young team what is necessary.

This team will learn something today, I'm quite sure of that. How to put away a lesser team? How dangerous a lesser team can be? How to finish a tough game on the road with a win?

I wonder which lesson will be learned today?
Everything on that time table is happening and I remember you saying it. Can't be argued with.

There was always a chance we could get hot early, this year, and make an early run at it.....but that would involve the rest of the division staying subpar. Unfortunately, ATL got hot and now have the 2nd easiest schedule to finish out the season.

And I don't mean it in a "I hate this season" sort of way. I'm loving it. It is so refreshing to see our young players and defense blossom.

The defense is improving so much that even our resident betting addicts have to admit it. [emoji11]

I'm definitely confident, but anyone who is ready to chalk up an automatic W regarding this Saints team isn't paying enough attention. They like to keep our hearts in our throat, I bet it'll be a close game for the majority of it.

I think we'll win, but I don't get how anyone could have literally zero worries and already posted the W. Have you seen how young and mistake-prone our team can be?

It's not just you OP. This is your classic "trap game." I have confidence that they can win, but......

They all scare me.

The last couple of years the Saints have had a pattern of losing early, rallying in the middle, then collapsing just when it seems they are inching back into contention. Last year's three-game home skid after getting back to .500 still haunts me. They just fell apart. Good test to see if the character of this team really has changed. The difference between 3-5 and 4-4 is enormous.

I'm in if a 3-4 club plays complacent then that's on them. Of course, they can go out and lay a huge egg but it won't be any intangibles or motivation stuff. They aren't good enough.

There have been some positives, but we are still in a place with the defense that you can expect every game to be close even if the offense is perfect. If the offense isn't perfect or turns the bal over it's all the harder.

Best case scenario for a comfortable win is SF turns the ball over (and refs do not assert themselves).

What's Vegas saying? The past couple weeks you predicted the games pretty well. Let's hear this week's prognosis!

Saints moved to -4.5 yesterday but most betters got them at -3.5 or -4.

I think we win by a FG. I just don't know if we cover the number given the factors against us. If you want to see a list of them, see my last post in the Week 8 betting thread (last weeks).

It's not scary when you know the Saints are capable of losing to any team in the league any given week. This type of game scared me 2009-2011. Not now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom