Does This Sound Like a Reasonable Gameday Itinerary? (1 Viewer)

RichPeace

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Hi folks!

Flying in for the game Sunday... Does the below itinerary sound reasonable or do you think we'll be rushed...

Land at MSY at 11:40
Uber to Intercontinental (St Charles Ave) for Early Check In at 12:15 ish
Walk to Peche for 1:00 PM Lunch Reservation
Walk/Uber to Dome to arrive by 2:30 to enjoy Champions Square for half an hour or so before going to our seats.

It sounds reasonable in theory but I'm afraid traffic will be crazy and that we may be get held up along the way. Thanks for any feedback!!

Beast

Former Camp Beast
Reaction score
Gate C from Champions Square will be crowded as heck. Try an alternative gate. I personally like going in at the ground level for Gate A.

Reaction score
Gate C from Champions Square will be crowded as heck. Try an alternative gate. I personally like going in at the ground level for Gate A.
Gate C is crowded all the time and especially between when the Square shuts down and game time. Gate A is jammed from the Poydras Street crowd beginning 30 minutes before game time and is not viable that late. The best gates for last minute entry are G and H usually.

Gate choice is highly dependent on your planned entry time. Personally I like to be walking down the stairs in my section during the opening kickoff but most people like to be seated before then.

Beast

Former Camp Beast
Reaction score
Gate C is crowded all the time and especially between when the Square shuts down and game time. Gate A is jammed from the Poydras Street crowd beginning 30 minutes before game time and is not viable that late. The best gates for last minute entry are G and H usually.

Gate choice is highly dependent on your planned entry time. Personally I like to be walking down the stairs in my section during the opening kickoff but most people like to be seated before then.
Ground level Gate A below the ramp is always much quicker than any other gates I've tried, even close to game time.

Saint_Ward

The Great Eye is ever Watchful
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I second just using a cab from the airport. They're a set price, quick, and they're right there.

Otherwise, I tend to cab or Uber based on time, location, access.

OP
OP
RichPeace

RichPeace

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your feedback and suggestions. The trip was a huge success.

Peche was outstanding, as always, and we made it to the game with plenty of time to enjoy the atmosphere and take it all in. And to top it off we ended up running in to Tommy Lee Lewis in a store after the game. Very cool guy...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)