Does This Sound Like a Reasonable Gameday Itinerary? (1 Viewer)

RichPeace

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Hi folks!

Flying in for the game Sunday... Does the below itinerary sound reasonable or do you think we'll be rushed...

Land at MSY at 11:40
Uber to Intercontinental (St Charles Ave) for Early Check In at 12:15 ish
Walk to Peche for 1:00 PM Lunch Reservation
Walk/Uber to Dome to arrive by 2:30 to enjoy Champions Square for half an hour or so before going to our seats.

It sounds reasonable in theory but I'm afraid traffic will be crazy and that we may be get held up along the way. Thanks for any feedback!!

Sounds reasonable to me. The walk from the Intercontinental to the Dome/Champion’s Square will be awesome and pretty quick - I wouldn’t Uber that unless there was a physical restriction.

Have a ball - it’s going to be a great experience.

Totes reasonable if your plane is on time. You probably have about half an hour of leeway (based on your anticipated check-in time and lunch).

Maybe skip uber to peche and walk to herbsaint or another good spot closer to intercontinental and dome. There’s a bunch of spots closer.

Either way though, it soulds cool.

You’re going to have a blast

Last edited:
Hi folks!

Flying in for the game Sunday... Does the below itinerary sound reasonable or do you think we'll be rushed...

Land at MSY at 11:40
Uber to Intercontinental (St Charles Ave) for Early Check In at 12:15 ish
Walk to Peche for 1:00 PM Lunch Reservation
Walk/Uber to Dome to arrive by 2:30 to enjoy Champions Square for half an hour or so before going to our seats.

It sounds reasonable in theory but I'm afraid traffic will be crazy and that we may be get held up along the way. Thanks for any feedback!!
I don’t see you getting from MSY to hotel by 12:15. But you have some lag time built in there

Maybe skip uner to peche and walk to herbsaint or another good spot closer to intercontinental. There’s a bunch of spots closer.

You can walk to Peche from the Intercontinental. I do that walk all the time. It's about 8 blocks.

You can walk to Peche from the Intercontinental. I do that walk all the time. It's about 8 blocks.
Yeah, it’s doable but seems like a pretty long walk from there to dome

Sounds a little rushed. Hopefully you only carry on luggage and don't check any. The lines to get in the dome are going to be long, I wouldn't wait until 3:30 to go in for the 3:40 kickoff

Maybe skip uner to peche and walk to herbsaint or another good spot closer to intercontinental. There’s a bunch of spots closer.

Lol so Herbsaint is actually mine and my wife’s favorite restaurant, and was our first choice, but unfortunately they are closed that day.

Other than I don't think you can get off the plane, to an Uber and to your Hotel in 35 minutes... You'll be checking in later than that, which means you won't have a lot of idle time to get to your lunch reservation.

After that, I think you're fine. You may have to minimize Champions Square.

You might want to start making your way into the dome around 2:30-2:45. It can get backed up and take longer than 30 minutes to get to your seat.

You might want to consider getting a cab from MSY instead of an Uber.

I got an Uber the Sat. night after Christmas, and the area designated for Uber and Lyft was crowded with people and pretty disorganized.

The taxi line was tame by comparison.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom