Does this stat surprise you? (1 Viewer)

buckeyesaint

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
It certainly surprised me...

2. WHO IS GETTING THEIR PASSES KNOCKED DOWN

Getting passes knocked down is partially the QB's responsibility, and his release is part of the equation, along with good protection, and the ability to read coverages and get the ball out of his hand quickly. Brees is tied with Peyton Manning for the league lead with only 20 passes blocked. On the other hand, the three starters with the most passes blocked are Charlie Frye (56), Jon Kitna (54), and Brad Johnson (50). Andrew Walter (49) and J.P. Losman (47) are right behind them.

Here is the whole article. It says Brees is very efficient wit the long ball.

www.nfl.com/news/story/9805429

Last edited:
I thougt Brees was going to have a lot more than that.... he really is a great QB

Brees is mentioned a bunch in this article. Among the best at completing deep balls (>30 yds), converting third downs and the Saints are among the best re: avg. distance to go on 3rd down.

Nice

"There is a reason Vick has trouble in the pocket. He’s too short, 6 feet, especially for a West Coast type throwing game with its three-step drops. He doesn’t get enough depth from the mosh pit in the middle of the line."

Ridiculous statement when it has been shown that 6ft QBs like Brees can have gaudy stats across the board

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15729910/

They left off Vince Young. He has to have 200 batted passes with his girlish delivery and dung-for-brains.

Three young QBs with all of the intangibles (Frye, Walter, Losman) at the top of the list.

Heh.

Steve Young (like him or not) made a good point before last week's games on NFL Countdown during a little segment he has on there when talking about D-linemen getting their hands up when they can't get to the quarterback.

He was going into what the QB's are doing to counter the batted passes when he singled out Drew Brees for doing a very good job of giving a little pump fake when taking a little deeper (5 step) drop.

This pump fake gets the D-linemens' hands in the air, allowing a smart quarterback to see where his passing lanes will be and throw behind or around those hands, thereby reducing batted passes.

im sure that stat also reflects passes down feild that were batted down by a cb or saftey. brees doesnt have many balls batted down once they pass the line of scrimage.

Steve Young (like him or not) made a good point before last week's games on NFL Countdown during a little segment he has on there when talking about D-linemen getting their hands up when they can't get to the quarterback.

He was going into what the QB's are doing to counter the batted passes when he singled out Drew Brees for doing a very good job of giving a little pump fake when taking a little deeper (5 step) drop.

This pump fake gets the D-linemens' hands in the air, allowing a smart quarterback to see where his passing lanes will be and throw behind or around those hands, thereby reducing batted passes.

It never ceases to amaze me how smart ( pocket aware ) Breese is! Man am I glad we have him. Hopefully our backup is learning something in case we need him - sometime during or third superbowl

It never ceases to amaze me how smart ( pocket aware ) Breese is! Man am I glad we have him. Hopefully our backup is learning something in case we need him - sometime during or third superbowl

Jamie Martin will be retired by then.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom