Does Troy Aikman do any research before he opens his mouth? (1 Viewer)

MVP's A Brees

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Troy Aikman made a couple of statements during Sundays game that had me scratching my head.

1. He said that he was really concerned about our o-line, becuase they didnt play very well a year ago or last week against the Lions. He did say he was suprised how well the line was playing against Philly

Didnt the Saints o-line only give up 13 sacks a year ago, I know Drew has a quick passing release, but I believe the Saints have one of the top o-lines in the league

2. The second thing I heard this guy say is that he doesnt know where all the Saints defensive hype is coming from. He said "This Saints team hasnt made any signifacant changes on the defensive side of the ball, Its still the same basic players so they will have somewhere around the same defensive rankings"

In my opinion, This guy is a ****** moron. What a tool

Last edited:
He also said that because the team passes so much, they dont focus on the run game. Its debatable, of course, but IMHO its the other way around, because the run game has its weaknesses, the team ends up passing and dumping off a lot. or, at least, it did in previous years.

One thing to remember about all the network game callers, they almost never know a whole lot about the Saints, or any team that isn't a ratings draw.

Well over here in the UK we had the benefit of both Troy's "pearls of wisdom" and Johnny Mitchell (ex Jets and Cowboys TE)

We had pearlers such as "Saints finished 2-7" last year away and "Bushrod was destroyed by Julius Peppers in week 1"

Though my favourite was "turnovers are costly" - gee thanks for that Johnny!!

Yeah, Troy came off as clueless. I forgot what he said when Sharper had that pic 6. He was probably too upset to say anything.

Turn off the sound and listen to the call on the radio if you have sirus. Jim Henderson is much better.

After about a million concussions, I doubt he can ever remember something after he has read it.

The o line comment is ridiculous, if anything I would think national commentators would focus on the fact our "pro bowl" left tackle is out and we have an unproven player starting at what some people think is the second most important position on the football field.

I would concur that Brees makes our o line look better at pass blocking than they are, but it's not like Tom Brady doesn't do the same thing for a Patriots line that is finally getting exposed.

On Aikman's point that the defense is basically the same players on the field is some what understandable in a way if you look at our starting 11 and see only two new players at CB and FS. However, if Aikman had any bit of the knowledge at just how bad Jason David and Josh Bullocks were he would understand. I think it will take us playing the rest of the New York teams: the Bills, the Jets, and the Giants before the national media really watches us play. If we do well against those teams there won't be much argument. We play the New York teams over the next month. The Jets and the Giants will be in the Dome and may both be games of the week in the NFL. Our offense will start to get major ratings nationally. We just need to be prepared to handle the success and the false praise going in to all the division games that will follow.

Turn off the sound and listen to the call on the radio if you have sirus. Jim Henderson is much better.

I didn't realize he was on Sirius. Are the games available on Sirius online? I may try that this Sunday.

I didn't realize he was on Sirius. Are the games available on Sirius online? I may try that this Sunday.

You can only get the games on Sirius if you are signed up with them, they don't stream games over the internet

To say he was a Cowboy and played against the Eagles all those years, he sure seemed to be hangin' on their jocks! Didn't really have much to say positive about the Saints as a whole, just Drew. Either he doesn't prepare for his games or he's a concussed fruitcake! IMHO!:mwink:

troy is suffering from soft head. dont hate the man, hate the game lol.
Troy "kentwood" Aickman freaking waterhead mfr

ahhh, Troy has never liked the Saints due to the thumbing he got in his rookie day-bu in the Dome, to which he didn't score at all, the Saint's D DOMINATED!!!!!! & he has never gotten over it.

Realize that our offense wasn't that great. Philly's defense simply had a bad day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom