Does Troy Aikman do any research before he opens his mouth? (1 Viewer)

To say he was a Cowboy and played against the Eagles all those years, he sure seemed to be hangin' on their jocks! Didn't really have much to say positive about the Saints as a whole, just Drew. Either he doesn't prepare for his games or he's a concussed fruitcake! IMHO!:mwink:

He's an NFC easter, they think that is the best division and no one can beat them. Especially a lowly NFC South team. I think this year, at least the Saints, make them sit up and take notice.

Well over here in the UK we had the benefit of both Troy's "pearls of wisdom" and Johnny Mitchell (ex Jets and Cowboys TE)

We had pearlers such as "Saints finished 2-7" last year away and "Bushrod was destroyed by Julius Peppers in week 1"

Though my favourite was "turnovers are costly" - gee thanks for that Johnny!!

Yes I was listening to that as well . I think Johnny also said he could'nt see past the Panthers for the Divison as well . Not a great start .

Turn off the sound and listen to the call on the radio if you have sirus. Jim Henderson is much better.

Haven't tried that in a while, but the last time I tried, the Radio and the TV were not sync'd. Radio was a few seconds ahead of the TV.
I was watching the game Sunday and it was on in the Livingroom (HD) and also in the bedroom (non HD) and the TV in the bedroom was about 3 seconds ahead.... :idunno:

Did anyone catch his comment regarding Greg Williams signing on as the Saints Def. Coordinator? He said that Greg Williams main choices were Tennessee (went on about his relationship/history with Jeff Fisher) or the New Orleans Saints. He then said the reason Greg Williams signed with the Saints was because the F.O. was willing to sign his son as well.

From what I recall the reason Williams signed with the Saints was because of Drew Brees and the offense :scratch:

Did anyone catch his comment regarding Greg Williams signing on as the Saints Def. Coordinator? He said that Greg Williams main choices were Tennessee (went on about his relationship/history with Jeff Fisher) or the New Orleans Saints. He then said the reason Greg Williams signed with the Saints was because the F.O. was willing to sign his son as well.

From what I recall the reason Williams signed with the Saints was because of Drew Brees and the offense :scratch:

That was actually one of the few things Troy got right. sorry

On Aikman's point that the defense is basically the same players on the field is some what understandable in a way if you look at our starting 11 and see only two new players at CB and FS.

You're giving him too much credit. Actually, it appears to me that McCray is playing as much as Grant, possibly even more. Then, consider that Porter is like a third new starter this season b/c even though he was one of our starting corners at the beginning of last season he only played in the first few games and was out most of the season with a wrist injury--so essentially both of our starting corners are new this season. Finally, Hargrove plays a lot on the interior on passing downs. Add it all up, and we've got several guys on D who either weren't with us last season or didn't play much for us last season, not to mention the fact that we have a new DC running our schemes--something I don't recall Aikman discussing in any depth.

It was really really hard to listen to aikman on sunday spew out fairy tale, bogus, over-the-top, ridiculous statements. He kept saying throughout the game that our offensive line played poorly against the lions when bell got 143 yards rushing, LMAO.

I mean seriously, even the pregame show had some ridiculous statements coming from J.Johnson about the saints. It must be hard for the media to see obviously one of the most hated team by the media in the NFL finally get a good start. I don't think half of these NFL "experts, analyst's" are watching the same NFL games as the rest of us.

To be fair, perhaps he was talking about the aspect of run blocking for our O-line. He's still wrong, but it's a bit more understandable.

As for our defense, didn't we return 9 starters this year? (I'm too lazy to actually count.)

He's still wrong, but I can see why someone who is uninformed about the team would think these things.

I would concur that Brees makes our o line look better at pass blocking than they are, but it's not like Tom Brady doesn't do the same thing for a Patriots line that is finally getting exposed.
other way around.....the offensive line makes brady look far better than he is.....when the O-line struggles, you begin to see the flaws in brady's game

however, when our o-line struggles, you begin to see why many people are starting to consider brees the best in the league

Our pass blocking is nowhere near being one of the best in the league. Like someone has said, Drew Brees makes our line look better than it actually is because of his ability to get th e ball out quick. But by no means do we have a great pass blocking offensive line.

Don't even compare it to the Patriots. Tom Brady has all day to throw it back there.

Our pass blocking is nowhere near being one of the best in the league. Like someone has said, Drew Brees makes our line look better than it actually is because of his ability to get th e ball out quick. But by no means do we have a great pass blocking offensive line.

Don't even compare it to the Patriots. Tom Brady has all day to throw it back there.
drews protection is drastically different with jammal brown in the game

we dont have an all pro offensive line but it gives brees ample time to make decisions when brown is playing....granted it takes less than 2 seconds for brees to throw the ball, another second or 2 probably feels like an eternity to brees

because he is Troy ******** Aikman man! DUH!

troy_aikman-rdo.gif

I rewatched the second half last night because my feed got choppy on Sunday. I was astonished by how painfully obvious it is that Aikman hates the Saints. It absolutely kills him to have to say anything complimentary about them and if he does he finds a way to make it a backhanded compliment. He was jocking the Eagles rush defense meanwhile on the field the Saints were in the process of pounding the ball down their throats to seal the game! WTH? We'd make a great play and he'd talk about how difficult it is for the defense to operate from this far behind. There are a ton of other examples that I can't recall right now. His bias is so obvious that it's unprofessional. Fire that lunkhead.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom