Does Tyler Palko win the #2 spot this season? (1 Viewer)

Guitarzan

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think that Tyler makes his move this camp. If he can show reliability in ball security the rest should be there. He's a coach's son and a student of the game. I like the throwing motion he has. It reminds me of Steve Young. I don't think he can scramble as well as Steve did but ,as far as a backup is concerned, the playbook and the physical talent are there. He simply needs to mature and show ball security and he'd likely be a no-brainer.
Drew is the man and I hope he stays the man for another 5 years or so. That's a lot to hope for though. Martin has been like great insurance but his premium is high and the hedge fund on his claims and payout account is outdated. Rated as a sell!

I hope and trust that Sean has this in mind. The fact that Tyler has been consitently kept on the roster and that he's been guarded from waivers so often tells me Tyler is gonna be #2 next season.

we definitely need to bring in another low round QB. I want Martin to be a coach next season not a roster position holder.

I think so, he has had plenty of time to learn the offense and we don't need to pay Martin , he just doesn't instill confidence, I'll take my chances with palko, but we need to bring in a qb prospect in the late or Fa market. this position is the most important to keep depth .

We'll see......Palko looked decent last preseason until the Miami game. But it would be hard to base much on that game because he was running for his life due to terrible play by the backup OL (ahem....Andy Alleman and Jermon Bushrod). Palko will have his shot, apparently the team won't be re signing 38 year old UFA Jamie Martin. But I won't shocked if the Saints draft a QB. They apparently were trying to work out deal last draft to get Trent Edwards in the third. Shame they didn't pull that off........

Once Wanny got to Pitt Tyler kinda fell off. But before that he was light's out.

It is definitely too early to say he's not capable based on what he's shown at this level.

As undrafted rookie FA's go he's already accomplished plenty.

he's got nothing but upside from where I see it.

I think he'll make a very good #2. I like his toughness. You can't teach that. Either a player has heart or he doesn't and this youngman has heart.

I think he'll make a very good #2. I like his toughness. You can't teach that. Either a player has heart or he doesn't and this youngman has heart.

He's smart and accurate too.

Damn, camp seems like a million years away.

And he ran Sean Payton's offense pretty well in the preseason, and when the play did break down he showed the ability to scramble and keep the play alive or rush for the yardage, I think he will be even more accurate and smart this camp because he has a year under his best and will know how to prepare....I dont think any draft pick or back up FA pickup will unseat him, I think it will be his opportunity to loss and he will come out and show he can be that guy.....dont mean he will be perfect...Brees isnt perfect, but he'll show he is more than capable or running this offense......and Payton like him.

I like Palko, but there will also be a few backup QBs with real-game experience on the market. It'll be interesting to see if we pursue any.

Tyler can be a left-handed version of Drew. But competition is a good thing. All I want is the best man for the job. I really have faith in Tyler to be that man.

Maybe if he added some arm strength

that sounds like the knock on Drew coming out of college.

Arm strength isn't the end all of QB requirements. Poise, accuracy, intelligence, quick release and other intangibles really make the QB successful. AB ( I hate to knock him so often but he was a classic case of this) had spectacular arm strength and decent accuracy but it never got him over the hump. He got pretty far on those two attributes but the things that hampered him-- that he was missing-- were glaring indeed.

Besides, Tyler can make all the throws. Can he pull a Kyle Boller and throw it 75 yards kneeling down? I doubt it. Does that mean I'd like to have Boller? No way

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom