Dog show fans....Westminster Kennel Club on tv tonight and tomorrow night (1 Viewer)

DaveinCoalinga, Sorry to hear about your Basset..............ours was just diagnosed as diabetic. He's getting 2 shots a day and I've been testing his blood(I am also diabetic). He is AWESOME and I cannot imagine having him around!!!!

That Basset at Westminster was gorgeous. I figured the big beagle would win, but I was very pleased to see the longhaired dachshund take a Group 2! Congrats to my friend Paula who bred that girl.

Yes Dave, you need another dog. Another Basset, or do you want a different breed?

I have always liked a doberman, but my the way my house is set on my lot I don't really have an ideal situation for one. My wife has a miniture dachsund which I dont llike due to its moronic personality. Nothing wrong with the breed, just this fool. I will probably go with a bassett again.

I love dogs, but can't figure out what people are cheering and hollering about at the dog shows.

Do they cheer "walk that dog!".

I'm going to get a big mutt show organized. The events would be cool dog things like how quickly they can chew up a sofa or steal food off the counter. Poofy dogs would be disqualified.

Poofy dogs would be disqualified.

:angryrazz: I'm pulling for the Bichon Frise. :D

bichon_frise.jpg

:angryrazz: I'm pulling for the Bichon Frise. :D

bichon_frise.jpg

:smileypuker: :smileypuker: :smileypuker: :smileypuker: :smileypuker:

Another worthless dog, the owners should be shot for doing this to a dog, especially male dogs.

standard_poodles.jpg

Time for real dogs to win, I hate watching year after year as some "poofy" (tm jonesy) dog wins. As if only 80 year old women own dogs.

min_pinscher_03.jpg
doberman.JPG
akita.jpg
BreedPitBullstand.JPG

Actually, they've had some "real" dogs as BIS winners the last few years.

2004: Newfoundland
2004bisgroup.jpg

2005: German Shorthaired Pointer
bis.jpg

2006: Bull Terrier
bis.jpg

2007: English Springer Spaniel
bis.jpg

No "poofy" dogs in this group...although I will say, I agree the show cuts on the Poodles look ridiculous, but Standard Poodles are truly "real" dogs...very smart, fun, and amazingly good hunters.

I loved the Aussie from the herding group last night. Gorgeous animal. I'm also partial to that 15" Beagle...wow that dog could move.

HOLY CRAP!!! Let me set the Tivo. What channel?

two questions

is it in HD?

What are they looking for when they lift their tails?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MhyqGUmwiwA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MhyqGUmwiwA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom