Dolphins cancel Sporano's press conference, spoke with Mangini (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Dolphins cancel press conferece; spoke with Mangini

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 7, 2011, 5:04 PM EST
387746045d37432eb811cc6b603a0857-nfl_large_580_unlimited-e1294283933349.jpg
Now that Jim Harbaugh drama is out of our lives, we can focus on the real circus in the NFL: The Miami Dolphins.
The team has canceled a 4:45 p.m press conference that was expected to confirm Tony Sparano was staying as head coach. We previously passed along a Miami Herald report that the team was talking about Sparano about an “adjustment” in his contract.
It’s not a shock that those talks have apparently hit a snag considering the awkward nature of Miami’s coaching search. It gets even stranger.
Jeff Darlington reports that the Dolphins scheduled a meeting with Eric Mangini that was ultimately canceled Friday. After “persistent” requests, the Dolphins admitted the meeting was set up.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

That organization is still a mess. If they don't look out they will take over the title of the most dysfunctional organization in the NFL and it takes a LOT to beat the Raiders lol.

On the other hand I am deeply grateful that they were so horrible in 2006 !

That organization is still a mess. If they don't look out they will take over the title of the most dysfunctional organization in the NFL and it takes a LOT to beat the Raiders lol

At least the Raiders have been to the Super Bowl within the past 10 years. It's been since the early 80's for the 'phins.

I remember how that used to be.

Has to suck for Sparano. At this point on principle you'd like too resign, or at least I would.

But you have to wait to be fired to get the payout from the contract.

Mangini???

Man, what is up with their leadership? You have got to be more competent and professional than this.

Why don't they bring in that sad-sack Wade Phillips just to put it over the top. My goodness....

I will never understand the love for Mangini. He's failed in both his gigs now yet is still highly regarded around the league.

Bill probably knew what was up with the new owner and got out quickly.

Living in S. Florida and having many friends and co-workers that are Fins fans, many of the ones I talk to blame Bill for a lot of what's going on from both an administrative and the on the field troubles that are going on. Bad drafts, bad trades, bad FA signings and of course bringing in the current package of Ireland/Sparano and all of that is attributed to the "Big Tuna". So he may have bailed in part because of ownership, but also he was starting to take heat in the local press.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom