Dolphins Coach Tony Sparano with N.O. media - 10/21/09 (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Miami Dolphins Coach Tony Sparano's Oct. 21 teleconference
By The Times-Picayune
October 21, 2009, 6:20PM

A lot is being made of the Wildcat. What makes it so effective for you guys?

“I think the people that are handling the football for us. Certainly with Ronnie (Brown), Ricky (Williams), Pat (White), with any of the people handling the football, Pat Cobbs before his injury … Any of the people handling the football for us were people that we trusted, and second of all that I think are pretty good players. I also think that there’s some misdirection involved in the Wildcat. It helps create a few blocking angles for the people up front.”

Is it the single wing or a derivative of the single wing?

“No. I would say it’s an offshoot of the single wing. I think that some of the things we are doing are a little bit different than the good old single wing. I would say it’s a little bit different.”

Do you guys take pride in that a lot of teams try to replicate and duplicate this offense, but you guys are the most successful?

“I don’t think we take great pride in anybody else running it, particularly when it shows up against us at times. I do think from our end, the guys take great pride in it. It’s something that we’ve been able to put our arms around here. It’s a small part of what we do. It’s not everything we do, but it certainly gets a lot of attention.”
More...
http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2009/10/miami_dolphins_coach_tony_spar.html

Thanks for the link as always, kfran.

Heh... Sporano agrees that Payton is an "evil genius".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom