Dolphins hire John Bonamego & offer Pete Carmichael a job {merged} (1 Viewer)

Carmichael's departure only means one thing for Brees. Someone else will take Carmichael's place and they will show Brees a few more tips and tricks to add to his already vast knowledge of the game. So, it's a good thing. Brees will know just that much more, come this season, and dare I say, be even better than he's ever been before.

as long as the person that becomes the QB coach realizes that he's only polishing the shiny parts and this site is not "under construction" this will probably hold true.

Didn't Carmichael turn down an offer from the Dolphins last year? Also, I would love to see Payton dump Gibbs and Hire Williams now that the Redskins released him.

the head coach was the reason... with this position he reunites with a former coach who gave him a great opportunity earlier this decade.

He's a goner

is the ST coach gone for good, because i lost respect for the dude when he gave out orders to Weatherford telling him to KICK TO HESTER.

he didn't issue any such order... Steve flubbed it. Worse containment was good enough until Simmons, inexplicably, (I believe it was for his own selfesh reasons) left his lane to try and make a highlight reel play. That's when Jacob made him pay. It was text book failure at the coverage level and then a simple move into the open lane by a very talented athelete. No big juke or something special. We gave him an open lane. the man is just so physically gifted that it was easy for him to exploit the coverage gap.

Bonamego a Dolphin?

It's being reported that the Dolphins are trying to hire Saints QB coach Pete Carmichael, Jr., and have actually hired Joe Bonamego.

SunSentinal.com said:
According to an NFL source, the Dolphins have offered the offensive coordinator job to Pete Carmichael Jr., who has spent the past two seasons as the Saints' quarterback coach, and New Orleans special teams coordinator John Bonamego has accepted the same position with the Dolphins.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-flspnflnotes26pnjan26,0,4921348.story

I guess it was overshadowed by the U.K. game. :dunno:

Bonamego leaving doesn't bother me. Our ST have been very lackluster the past 2 years aside from a handful of plays. Maybe it's not his fault, but he wasn't highly-regarded before coming here anyway.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom