Dolphins LB Porter: ""Our goal is to knock them off the high horse..." (1 Viewer)

Ehh...they can try to knock us off our "high horse"...but they might catch a swift hoof to the face. :mwink:

( Sigh ) Joey... Joey... Joey ... ? I still believe the Saints will win this Sunday .

Joey Porter got shot in the left buttock three years ago. He understandably has not really been the same player since. I'd still have some misplaced animosity too....

Did anyone else take his comments as a compliment to our team?

I don't blame the guy one bit for his statements. He knows what he has to do and I agree with him. I don't necessarily agree with doing it through the media but you can't blame him for that either because the media wants to give the fans a story and the fans want it.

So I welcome having a target on our backs and would love for the Dolphins defense to give us their best. In order to be the best you have to beat the best.

They'll definantly be highly motivated that first drive. They seem to be making that a focal point (as they justifiably should).

That said, as I think it was Brees who pointed out, first drive is scripted so it's usually about game-planning.

I'd put my money on the combination Brees/Payton gameplan any day.

I think that if the Dolphins put TOO MUCH emphasis on stopping us on our first drive and we are successful, it could take thier "umph" out real early. Yet if they do contain us, it will only serve to motivate them that much more and raise thier level of play. But its a very fine line to tote in a game. We could concievably take thier heart out of the game in the first 7 minutes. We shall see...

This is just Joey. He's actually not that bad in his comments. He needs to have a stellar game if the Dolphins are going to be able to stop us.

We'll see if that happens on Sunday...

BTW...I don;t get it. he is complimenting your team.

what do you want him to do in that interview? crap his pants and committ suicide at the thought of playing the saints?

he usually talks a ton...this week he has been kissing the saints *** all week.

he called Brees the best QB in the NFL yesterday. This is a guy that plays Brady twice a year.

I see nothing wrong with what he said, did you guys expect him to say:

"we have no chance of winning so we might as well not show up"

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom