Dolphins LB Porter: ""Our goal is to knock them off the high horse..." (2 Viewers)

Seriously guys? What do you want him to say? "yah were gonna probably just go out there and hope for the best.

Did anyone else take his comments as a compliment to our team?

I don't blame the guy one bit for his statements. He knows what he has to do and I agree with him. I don't necessarily agree with doing it through the media but you can't blame him for that either because the media wants to give the fans a story and the fans want it.

So I welcome having a target on our backs and would love for the Dolphins defense to give us their best. In order to be the best you have to beat the best.

:9:

I would expect this attitude from all our opponents. And I expect the saints to have the same.

I've always thought of Joey Porter as a certifiable bada$$, but his mouth has always been entirely too big for that peanut head of his.

highhorse.jpg

I think I'll stay here awhile.

Seems pretty focused on taking out our #1 decoy... but did he forget about PT23 and MB21?

Ha! That was the first thing that stood out to me. It actually plays into our offenses hands very well that he is so keyed-in on Reggie Bush. It also seems to suggest that he hasn't been watching as much tape as he would lead you to believe when he says that Buffalo made Reggie fumble three times and that they can't let Reggie "gash" them in the run game. I'm like "huh?" who has Reggie gashed in the run game this year? They can study that Buffalo game if they want to, but we had no Lance Moore that day and he would have been huge in that game! It almost sounds like he's giving himself a pep-talk.

I see nothing wrong with what he said, did you guys expect him to say:

"we have no chance of winning so we might as well not show up"

No I don't think Saints fans expected that, obviously. It just sounds like he's looking for motivation when he talks about all this "high horse" business. The Saints are the most HUMBLE team in the NFL! I challenge anyone to dispute that! Not many analysts talked about us at the start of the season and at one point a few weeks ago they were turning down interviews (not sure if thats still the case). So i don't get the "high horse" angle...that is a reach at best. Also, he is sorely mistaken if he thinks that the Saints success on the ground is due to Reggie Bush. That's all I'll say about that.

"We want to make them play from behind to where you can take away the double-headed monster of being able to run the ball for 150 yards and pass for 350," Porter said. "You let them get in that comfort zone, it's going to be a long day. Doesn't matter who you're playing against." (quote from the article)

So he wants Drew to pass all over them like he did to many teams last year. teams have tried different tactics to stop us this year. if they stop the run we pass if they stop the pass we run but they cant load up to stop both.

"We need to take away that run and make Brees play from a different element he hasn't played from all year," Porter said. "Our goal is to get to Reggie Bush often and not let him have the game to where he's hitting the seams and getting big gashes. Make him earn everything he gets, keep him under 2 yards a carry and at the end of the day switch it to Drew Brees and get it one-sided to where you know they're going to pass."

Reggie has been largely effective this year on limited carries. Maybe someone should tell joey to turn on the game tape and ACTUALLY watch it and he will see it is thomas and bell he has to worry about.

Mike Tyson said it best "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face."

And what film is he watching....He keeps talking about getting to Bush...I hope that is his plan...Bush is our recieving running back, 3rd in rushing....let Joey chase Bush all day and his tongue will be hanging out of his big mouth...all the while PT and MB will be piling up yardage.

And what film is he watching....He keeps talking about getting to Bush...I hope that is his plan...Bush is our recieving running back, 3rd in rushing....let Joey chase Bush all day and his tongue will be hanging out of his big mouth...all the while PT and MB will be piling up yardage.

Joey's still living in 2006 when we played the Steelers and he was still there. He remembers Deuce and Reggie in that game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom