Dolphins: No. 1 pick put up for sale (1 Viewer)

I would look for Dallas to make a move on this, for Mcfadden, but they would have to give up too much.

It would end up being worse then the Ricky Williams trade.

Knowing Jerry Jones and his mancrush on Dmac though, he'll probably do it.

The way Al Davis looked when I saw him eating dinner before the Green Bay game on Dec 9th, I doubt he knows who McFadden is. He looked like death.

He's looked like that for 20 years.

Jones would trade both his first to move up to get mcfadden in a heart, beat. He has a major hard on for him, but are those both picks worth moving up to the #1 spot?

Jones would trade both his first to move up to get mcfadden in a heart, beat. He has a major hard on for him, but are those both picks worth moving up to the #1 spot?

Hmmmm...and Parcells knows the talent on that team like the back of his hand, so maybe the Cowboys might throw a player or two into the deal too.

Not a chance the two number 1's would be enough. The Cowboys would have to give up most of this years, plus the two 1sts to even get close.

Look how much it cost us to move up to get Ricky and we didn't make as extreme of a move up as the Cowboys would have to. 2 years ago for the Jets to move up 2 spots to get Reggie the offer was said to be their 1st, next years first, and a 2nd/3rd rounder that year.

Speaking of the Dolphins...

litton.gif

Drew Litton, Denver, CO, The Rocky Mountain News

Smart move by Parcells. There's no real dominant player that's head and shoulders above the rest of them that fits their team well. If he can manage to trade down a few and still get the guy he likes they could be in business. Parcells should have them turned around pretty quickly IMO.

Is there actually a legitimate chance they won't just take Dorsey?I can't see Parcells going any other way.

Not a chance the two number 1's would be enough. The Cowboys would have to give up most of this years, plus the two 1sts to even get close.

Look how much it cost us to move up to get Ricky and we didn't make as extreme of a move up as the Cowboys would have to. 2 years ago for the Jets to move up 2 spots to get Reggie the offer was said to be their 1st, next years first, and a 2nd/3rd rounder that year.

the price for Ricky was so expensive due to Ditka's big mouth running in the media. While I agree it will take more than both Dallas' first round picks, I think if they threw in a player (i.e. Marion Barber) that may be enough to swing the deal. Remember, the value chart is more of a guide which was created years ago. It can be argued that the first overall pick isn't worth as much as it was when the chart was created due to the growing amount of guaranteed money that has to be invested in that pick.

Not surprising, really. The consensus #1 pick is Dorsey (possibly McFadden) and he doesn't fit the defense they run (and they're happy at running back with . I'm sure there are plenty of GNs salivating over him and someone is going to pull the trigger to move up and grab him. Don't be surprised if it's someone in the same division as St' Louis or Mylanta because they'll have the added incentive of keeping him off of their team.

As much as I'd like to see Dorsey in a Saints uniform destroying O-linemen, I wouldn't want them to trade away what the Dolphins would ask to move up that high. It would just cost too much with the other holes there are to fill.

Is there actually a legitimate chance they won't just take Dorsey?I can't see Parcells going any other way.

Why would they take Dorsey? The Dolphins run a 3-4. He's way too small to play the nose, so he'd have to be shifted to end. That's not a position that really is of a high enough priority to warrant the #1 pick. Besides, Chris Long is a natural 3-4 DE. He makes more sense for the system than Dorsey. Long, Vernon Gholston and Matt Ryan would all be better picks for Miami than Dorsey.

Trading down with Dallas and grabbing Kentwan Balmer, who some say could play DE in a 3-4, and Shawn Crable, a scary talent at OLB, would be a LOT better for their team than taking just one player. Maybe the value isn't there, in trading for Dallas' 2 firsts, but they save a lot of money and make much better moves for their team.

It's scary to think that the Pats could have been a team that had the ammo to move up....until they had to forfeit their other 1st round pick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom