Dolphins to cut Zach Thomas (1 Viewer)

Not a solid source but someone told me we were going to move up in the draft to get him and have been talking to the Jets every year about trading for him. Like Loomis said , we will not hear about trade talks for the Saints unless they go through. I think Mueller was GM at the time of the draft but im sure that put him on benson's radar. I thought everyone knew we tried to move up in draft to get him.

Benson is not in charge of drafting players, your story, imo, doesn't seem legit. We may have tried to move to get him, i don't remember but I seriously doubt Benson made that decision.

Slim K the Saints are a superbowl contender, we are one year removed from the CG in a weak NFC.

He was interviewed on Sirius this morning. Sounds like he has Patriots on speed dial.

He also seemed to prefer playing in a 3-4 also.

Last edited:
Unless he asks for too much money, there's no downside to signing Z. Thomas.

As others have said earlier, if a Super Bowl contending team wants him, he will play. Otherwise he will retire.

First hand knowledge from your source, cruize? And being a "Super Bowl contender" can be a broad term. Would anyone have said that the Giants were a SB contender, or even champion, going into this past season. I'm hoping that our '06 season keeps us in the list of possibilities, even if it is near the bottom of the list.

Last edited:
Even at this point in his career, he would be an upgrade compared to what we have now. I want to see us get some young LBs also.

He was interviewed on Sirius this morning. Sounds like he has Patriots on speed dial.

He also seemed to prefer playing in a 3-4 also.

Is that a quote, or speculation. If he does perfer 3-4 then SD, NE Dallas. If he perfers the 4-3 we have to be on the short list with perhaps CIN.

Is that a quote, or speculation. If he does perfer 3-4 then SD, NE Dallas. If he perfers the 4-3 we have to be on the short list with perhaps CIN.

The 3-4 would knock us out. And he's from Texas Tech and may have grown up a Cowgirl fan, so Evil Jerry may have a great shot at landing him. I'd hate to see that.

Yeah, he actually said it. Said he could play in either system but prefered the protection of a 3- 4. Said it was a misconception that you got more protection with a 4-3 because of the 4 down linemen but with a 3-4 you actually had 5 down linemen with the 2 edge rushing backers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom