Dome Renovations - Terrace Section Losing Season Tix (1 Viewer)

My question is how are these seats going to be replaced. Sucks that the die-hards are going to be replaced with people that sit on their hands or look at their phones the whole game. Will ruin the atmosphere in the dome.
Yeah that sucks and am sorry for y'all. So far that is 300, 400, 500, and 600 levels effected. Does anybody know specifically what the upgrades are that are impacting this?

I think these "upgrades" in the upper sections are for the SRO sections they want to put in. Damn shame. I'm dreading getting the call for my section.

Lack of transparency from the saints ticket office is a slap in the face to season ticket holders! Got the call today Sec 341 row 9 totally blindsided that I do not have tickets now after 20 years.
The Saints ticket office has had issues lately. For an organization that is such a part of the city, it is ridiculous that a plan has not been laid for season ticket holder to see what is going on. I also thought the lack of communications during the COVID season was also bad.

Any idea what they are actually doing?
Straight ahead is where the field level suites and new club will be. I know the terrace level will have a standing room only section but I'm not sure where it will be. If I had to guess I would say at one or both endzone but I have no clue. The ramps are still being demolished also and that process has never stopped.

Straight ahead is where the field level suites and new club will be. I know the terrace level will have a standing room only section but I'm not sure where it will be. If I had to guess I would say at one or both endzone but I have no clue. The ramps are still being demolished also and that process has never stopped.

What's going in the ramp sections? How are they going to funnel everyone out the dome after the game without the ramps?

Really interested to know what is going on in the terrace that would require the removal of seats. Since the dome is just a steel shell, what are the structural supports that would be put in?

Based on this old article I dug up, It sounds like they're going to open up three corners with windows for natural light to get into the stadium...kind of like what Dallas and some of the other new stadiums have. I also wonder if removing the ramps is what is causing them to require the addition of structural support.

"The following phases will see the elimination of 80,000-square-feet of the ramps behind stadium seats, which will create open atriums at the northeast, northwest and southeast corners of the stadium, new elevators and escalators, windows to allow natural light to enter the stadium, expanded concourses for vendors, bathrooms, fans moving around the stadium, field-level end zone boxes, and standing room only (SRO) areas."

These are the only renderings I can find. On the field level rendering, it looks like a change to the score boards in the corners with additional or expanded suites and potentially a small standing room area all the way to the left of the suites.

Can't really tell what the removed seats in the 300 level are for.

removed seats.jpgreno2.jpg

More escalators
The new Stairwells are already in place . They are super wide. Also I believe more escalators and elevators are being added behind the scenes. There's a lot of work being done that I cant see because its active construction going on. I know that they have been laying a lot of concrete in areas that's wide enough to be for another concourse if they wanted to add. There's a lot of empty spaces where work is being done.

I called yesterday and talked to a very nice young woman who told me about our seats (sect. 254) going away, and then today my usual rep called me to give me the bad news, and I floored him by telling him I didn't mind. Both of the folks I spoke with were very gracious and understanding.

Apparently the main reason my particular seats are going away is to increase ADA compliance for hosting the Super Bowl. Sort of difficult to complain about that.

He said that any replacements would come after they see who didn't renew, that all the displaced people would be called about new seats before any relocation, and that they'd be going by oldest accounts first.

I originally upgraded to those seats (and went from 2 to 4) with some buddies I dragged along to help sell the place out after Katrina and keep the team. And we won a Super Bowl and had the Golden Age of Saints Football. So, mission accomplished, I guess.

Now lets go beat the Falcons twice again next year.

I'm not going to be happy if my seats in 102 (row 22) get eliminated. I moved from 559 last year, the ticket officer could have mentioned this before I switched.

This stinks for all the loyal fans displaced from their season tickets, but, unfortunately, this is the price of doing business in the current NFL.

If we want to keep the Superdome while boosting revenue to ensure the team’s presence in NOLA, then this type of work is necessary. As others have said, it also keeps the city as a prime host for future Super Bowls, CFP games, and WrestleManias.

Just got the call, sect 609. They said they needy the seat for new structural support for the dome. They said they would be in contact soon with options.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom