Dome sound system (1 Viewer)

Domefan504

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Last night while the new video boards looked awesome the sound system still sounds ancient. I looked at ceiling and still saw the brown speakers. I thought the sound system was getting upgraded as well? Is the sound system still getting upgraded? Sound system still sounds awful to me. Anyone else notice?

I'm not sure what it was, but something about the sound system seemed different to me. Perhaps it was just where we were sitting, because like you I noticed the same speakers near the roof.

Actually the speakers do look similar it looked like they had been moved and possibly replaced.the one that normally sit in front of my seats to behind me now. They also changed the field lights over to LEDs. Last night they were using them in a chaser mode during the game and are much whiter.

New video boards are awesome!

Last night while the new video boards looked awesome the sound system still sounds ancient. I looked at ceiling and still saw the brown speakers. I thought the sound system was getting upgraded as well? Is the sound system still getting upgraded? Sound system still sounds awful to me. Anyone else notice?

I listened to the black and blue report and Dennis Lauscha was on. He said they have been making some updates to the sound. there is some still some changes that will be made. If I remember correctly the most expensive portion phase is next, then I think he said next season they will have repositioned the speakers over the field. It was actually a good listen about what was done to the dome, what some fans want done.

Dennis Lauscha on the Black and Blue Report presented by ABC Insurance Agencies

I spoke with one of the maintenance men during the pregame and he informed me that the speaker system on the lower levels under the upper level seating had been upgraded. Said there was no change to the speakers up above. He was pretty excited to tell me about the new LED lights which turn on instantly after team introductions. Said the last lights took about 20 minutes before they were all on.

I spoke with one of the maintenance men during the pregame and he informed me that the speaker system on the lower levels under the upper level seating had been upgraded. Said there was no chance to the speakers up above. He was pretty excited to tell me about the new LED lights which turn on instantly after team introductions. Said the last lights took about 20 minutes before they were all on.

Makes sense. I'm in the plaza level and I thought it sounded much better than before. The scoarboards are a must see in person for anyone that remembers the old boards. Videos and pictures don't do it justice.

The lighting has always been an issue with the dome. Everytime I look at highlights the dome looks darker than most other stadium

Makes sense. I'm in the plaza level and I thought it sounded much better than before. The scoarboards are a must see in person for anyone that remembers the old boards. Videos and pictures don't do it justice.

I sit up top and I could hear the difference. It was much louder.

I sit up top and I could hear the difference. It was much louder.

Louder not necessarily better . More like needing tuning. Hopefully the adjustments are coming as Dennis explained in that video. Should be worth noting Essence, Wrestlemania, NCAA, bring their own sound system & speakers when they come here.

New speakers were installed in bowl area of dome. If you look up you'll see more speakers than before.

sounded exactly the same from the lower terrace. except the new female corresponded was even MORE shrill and obnoxious than in years' past.

Why are we talking about the sound system, and not the announcer? I didn't have issues with the sound system, but the announcer was really bad. I miss Jerry Romig.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom