Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie Should be the Choice Hands Down (1 Viewer)

I never said he should be our pick...I just wouldnt mind if he is...esp before Rivers. And hed be a toss up to me between him and mckelvin...but i think id go DRC. I think we need and will trade up to get Ellis/Dorsey and Ive been saying that for months. and no, one game doesnt have me convince...watching him at the combine does though...i'm like bill parcells, a good talent evaluator...but im not that old and cant coach!

I'm not asking this to attack, I am really curious as to why you say this. Maybe you're an NFL scout and we don't know it. But why do you say that you are a good talent evaluator?

Didn't Deion Sanders like Chris Houston last year? I think they even worked out together before the draft and look who couldn't do anything right last year.

Deion isn't a professional scout, he's an overpaid analyst.

I never said he should be our pick...I just wouldnt mind if he is...esp before Rivers. And hed be a toss up to me between him and mckelvin...but i think id go DRC. I think we need and will trade up to get Ellis/Dorsey and Ive been saying that for months. and no, one game doesnt have me convince...watching him at the combine does though...i'm like bill parcells, a good talent evaluator...but im not that old and cant coach!

I don't see how any of us can qualify ourselves as good talent evaluators when we don't have access to the same game film they do. We see certain angles that don't show the whole play nor do we know the play called in order to form an accurate evaluation.

The combine is not the end all evaluation tool IMO. No competition. No one chucking you at the LOS. Etc. It's a nice evaluator, but you should take it with the understanding that anyone can perform well without resistance.

I don't think DRC will be that great and I don't want him at #10. A AA guy that didn't stick out the way he should have if he was as dominant as advertised. Could he be a great CB? Sure, but I wonder why he wasn't talked about more during his college career nor transferred to a higher talent team. He came on to the scene in Alabama and the Combine. That's strikes me a bit funny and I have to wonder why.

Didn't Deion Sanders like Chris Houston last year? I think they even worked out together before the draft and look who couldn't do anything right last year.

:plus-un2:

Houston is 5'9" and played on a completely disfunctional Falclowns team.

Houston is 5'9" and played on a completely disfunctional Falclowns team.

How does the disfunction of a team have to do with covering a man 1 on 1? Maybe you think Houston was thinking about the Vick situation when the ball was mid air.......yeah um....:9: k

The guy was just not that good.....which is understandable for a rookie, but to suggest his play had anything to do with other players is a reach.

and the best cover - corner to ever play the game.

Don't forget super- bowl champion , reality TV - Star, former minister :ezbill: and pro baseball lead off hitter.

How does the disfunction of a team have to do with covering a man 1 on 1?

Makes a difference due to the amount of time the CB is "left out on an island" . With no pass rush makes covering a WR one on one all the more difficult.

What does Chris Houston have to do with D.R.Cromartie, anyway?

and the best cover - corner to ever play the game.

Don't forget super- bowl champion , reality TV - Star, former minister :ezbill: and pro baseball lead off hitter.

Deion didn't even make the NFL 75th anniversary all time team (Mike Haynes, Night Train Lane Rod Woodson and Mel Blount did)... Prime Time can't touch Blount.

Again, they changed the rules because this guy was so good and shutting receivers down -and he could tackle. He played at 205 lbs, stood 6'3" and could still run a 4.5 in his 14th season. He missed only one start in 205 games, He interecepted 11 passes in 1975, and saved some of his best plays for the four Super Bowls he won (an interception in the end zone against both Minnesota and Dallas).

To me, when you talk about the best ever, this guy is the mold...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom