Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie Should be the Choice Hands Down (1 Viewer)

i think you trade down to get lito i think we need a CB that has proven himself in the nfl

I don't think a reply is even worthy to this...Do you realize that Deion Sanders is regarded as the BEST cover corner to EVER play the game of football????

I gotta call BS here.

Deion was FAR from the Best cover corner. He was a great athelete, and had great hands for making highlight reel plays, but he got burned alot too because he would always played the ball instead of playing his man.

And forget about asking him to tackle anyone.

Wait, did you say "hands down?"!!??!!

In that case, I agree. I thought you were saying hands up, in which case I would disagree totally. But since you put a "hands down" in there, I'm on board.

The dude is a risk. I'd be much more comfortable with Leodis, and he is even a risk. Corners in the draft are a crapshoot -- it's very difficult to determine NFL success based on college tape.

I'd be much more comfortable with a LBer or DT. Eight fingers down.

He didn't really "stick" anyone on that vid. The first tackle was a guy just getting the ball and turning around. The second one was a nice open field arm wrap job. The third one was him coming in after the initial hit turned the runner around and he just took his momentum to the ground.

No real sticks at all. A 183lb shrimp against 230lb 6 - 4 guys will eat him for lunch.

...check that...

to argue whom is the best cover corner of all time and not have Deion in the conversation is a gross oversight on the part of any football fan....

Everyone knows this dude...give it up... so what if Deion was a Falcon or 9er or Cowboy..or has a hugh mouth...

EVERYONE KNOWS DEION WAS ONE OF THE BEST EVER...

for me the definition of a corner sticking a ball carrier and a linebacker are two totally different definitions...
kinda like saying a linebacker is great in coverage...the reason he is a linebacker is cause he isn't athletic enough to play corner and vice versa...

There is a HUGE misconception that he did not dominate. I am going to say it again for all of those listening.

These are the FACTS: He allowed the lowest % of completions for any Defensive back in the country!! He also allowed the lowest number of yards per completion for any defensive back in the country for the LAST THREE YEARS!!!! He has 6 picks his Junior year and 2 his Senior year and BOTH returned for highlight touchdowns.

Also add to that Defensive MVP at the Senior Bowl. He totally blanketed his competition at the Senior Bowl. He also showed dominant run support with some really nice hits. He rose to the challenge folks.

If that isn't dominance then nothing is....

Before you read this know that I don't have a link.....

I heard an interview where one of the coaches from DRC's conference that said they did not even gameplan for DRC and that they knew of him, but it wasn't in a way that you'd be scared to throw to his side.......just sayin' he is really raw and would need tons of work.

I don't want him, but I do see the potential with him.

sam, I looked at your profile. 11 years with a relatively few number of posts.

"Age:
Biography:
from the boot...in dallas since 97...love the Saints...

Well, that explains some of this. A 30 year old Texan. Likes Deion. OK.

"Everybody thinking that teams draft for immediate need are not looking at the situation for it most likely will always be. Rookies are rookies!!! "

You made your rookie sound like an all-pro,

And we are a BPA team in the first round, not a need team. We do that in the second/third range, then draw some wildcards late.

ddd

I am not gonna respond on the comments on why I don't post much... it is what it is...but I have been an active member of this site for a long time buddy...

Newsflash!!!! Wasn't Deion Sanders voted to the all century NFL team as a cornerback?

Some of you people let your hate for a particular player get in the way of sound reason and easily referenced nfl history.

Arguing Deion isn't the best or one of the best cover corner's of all time from Jesus to now... is like arguing that Windex doesn't clean glass. lol...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/centurys_best/news/1999/10/06/nfl_allcentury_team/

Last edited:
I am not gonna respond on the comments on why I don't post much... it is what it is...but I have been an active member of this site for a long time buddy...

Newsflash!!!! Wasn't Deion Sanders voted to the all century NFL team as a cornerback?

Some of you people let your hate for a particular player get in the way of sound reason and easily referenced nfl history.

Arguing Deion isn't the best or one of the best cover corner's of all time from Jesus to now... is like arguing that Windex doesn't clean glass. lol...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/centurys_best/news/1999/10/06/nfl_allcentury_team/

Calm down. You continue to defend someone that none of us (me) likes.

Relax, and remember this is a forum. No need to respond to every post.

Have a beer.

ddd

dude...i am calm..i think you aren't cause you are wrong when referencing one of the greatest corners to ever play the game of NFL Football...

dude..i can respond to whatever post I choose to as well...it's part of the fun...

there is a difference between "likeing" a player and "realizing" that what you are talking about would be mocked, ridiculed, and laughed at shamelessly by most any current player in the NFL as well as any Analyst and Fan....

try it out sometime...go up to an NFL player and tell them that Deion Sanders wasn't one of the best cover corner's of all time...

Last edited:
dude...i am calm..i think you aren't cause you are wrong when referencing one of the greatest corners to ever play the game of NFL Football...

give me a break...lol

But what happened to the real subject of YOUR thread? DRC IIRC.:scratch:

Deion is the best CB ever.

DRC is a superior athlete and possibly a shutdown corner.

Rivers at 10 a is terrible pick.

I watched the whole combine and DRC looks to me like the real deal. He does, as samdoog says, run very fluidly at very fast speeds. He also had great hands and ball awareness. I dont care what his name is. Im not a great judge on CBs though. I remember I thoought TENN was crazy to draft pacman. I thought he was too small and they should have went with I think Marlin Jackson...but if not, the other guy in that draft. Anyway, I've liked everything I saw on this guy and I would not mind if we picked him. However, I still think we're trading up to get Dorsey or Ellis!

For all of you Rivers lovers: Thats just insane. And for the people who think he might be gone by 10 HA! what a joke! I think a guy such as Mayo in rd 2 will be WAY better than spending a top10 pick on a LB. But heres what I really hope: GROVES!!!!! If we get him along with Dorsey/Ellis...WOW! I would blitz him every down with Grant and Smith and Hollis and Dorsey clogging up the middle. please try running on this front 4 and PLEASE try to make more than one read on passing downs with these 5 guys coming at ya!! with this kind of line and a GREAT pass rushing OLB like Grooves, who needs a secondary? Now I know many will say he is more suited for a 3-4...he is. But I dont care! Id have him in on passing downs and let them reek havoc!

Getting Groves and Ellis/Dorsey is not gonna happen. All projected 1st rounders. Last I checked, we only have 1 pick in the 1st round.

Deion is the best CB ever.

DRC is a superior athlete and possibly a shutdown corner.

Rivers at 10 a is terrible pick.

I watched the whole combine and DRC looks to me like the real deal. He does, as samdoog says, run very fluidly at very fast speeds. He also had great hands and ball awareness. I dont care what his name is. Im not a great judge on CBs though. I remember I thoought TENN was crazy to draft pacman. I thought he was too small and they should have went with I think Marlin Jackson...but if not, the other guy in that draft. Anyway, I've liked everything I saw on this guy and I would not mind if we picked him. However, I still think we're trading up to get Dorsey or Ellis!

For all of you Rivers lovers: Thats just insane. And for the people who think he might be gone by 10 HA! what a joke! I think a guy such as Mayo in rd 2 will be WAY better than spending a top10 pick on a LB. But heres what I really hope: GROVES!!!!! If we get him along with Dorsey/Ellis...WOW! I would blitz him every down with Grant and Smith and Hollis and Dorsey clogging up the middle. please try running on this front 4 and PLEASE try to make more than one read on passing downs with these 5 guys coming at ya!! with this kind of line and a GREAT pass rushing OLB like Grooves, who needs a secondary? Now I know many will say he is more suited for a 3-4...he is. But I dont care! Id have him in on passing downs and let them reek havoc!

So did Alex Molden! The offseason does not make a player..the games do.

I trust Deion Sanders personnel scouting as much as I trust Shaquille Oneal at the foul line..........just because Deion played CB doesn't mean he can evaluate and project talent. Just ask Jim Haslett with Lbers.

becareful friend, shaq has been making most of his free throws

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom