Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie Should be the Choice Hands Down (1 Viewer)

SammyDaLoon

Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I believe DRC should be the choice. I think that if you look around the league that it is really hard to find guys that fit his athletic profile period. Asomugha from Oakland is very similar to DRC in terms of build, but Asomugha has more weight. DRC is vastly superior in athletic ability to Asomugha, and that is saying alot. Asomugha ran a 4.45 forty and DRC ran a 4.29 folks. This type of speed with a guy his size hasn't come out in the draft in over a decade folks!!!!!! I know because I have been watching the draft since I was 13 years old, and I am 30 yrs old now. We'd be lucky to even have a chance to select him at #10. His cousin Antonio Cromartie only ran in the 4.4 range as well. Terrence Newman and Marcus Trufant ran in the 4.4 range too... Only Dante' Hall from Oakland ran in the 4.35-4.38 range coming out.

Also everybody wants to say that the Giants won the Superbowl due to their DL, but they fail to give credit to the Giants drafting the cb Aaron Ross out of Texas last year in the first round. Ross helped round out their secondary. How do you think Brady wasn't able to continually check down the entire game. The Giants corners covered them short and long. The Saints were nearly dead last in pass coverage last year. No matter which way you slice it, that means you need better cornerbacks !!!!!

Finally, I am not enamored with his combine stats. I am looking at the fact that he allowed the lowest yards per catch in the nation the last 3 years as a cornerback in the nation per published reports. Also he allowed the lowest percentage of throws in his direction this year as well. Look it up if you don't believe me. Some say low quality competition, but the guy was superior based on his numbers. What else is can he do to display dominance? After intercepting 6 passes as a junior, he intercepted 2 as a senior and took both back for TD's. Does anyone think that that was a coincidence? Obviously teams threw the ball away from his area whether by design or whatever....I am very impressed with the way DRC moves under full control on the football field when a pass is thrown his way. The guy never looks to be stretching his athletic ability on the field because he is a natural athlete that transitions his 4.29 speed to the field. This guys athletic ability is so rare that nobody even realizes it on this board.

The guy looks an awful lot like a Deion Sanders. Oh...you don't agree with me??? Well you're gonna have to take that up with Deion himself.... In fact during the combine drills this year, Deion himself said on live television that DRC reminds him of himself as a young corner coming out of florida state. He said this more than twice too. Deion is a talker folks, but he has NEVER said that before about anyone. I am going with Deion on this guy. I think it's a pretty safe bet to side with a future NFL Hall of Fame Player such as Deion.

Finally, for everyone wanting an immediate contribution from a player then cornerback is one of the quickest positions to perform at in the NFL due to the fact that the position is mostly instinctual and reaction based on where the receiver is going. Don't believe me??? Well then you will have to take that up with a Hall of Famer named Deion too because I just repeated what he said the other day !!!!

I have said my peace
samdogg

Keith Rivers

Mike Trippett of the Times Picayune said today in his chat that 10 is too high for DRC and that the team probably has Rivers, Ellis, Dorsey, and McKelvin ahead of DRC.

Mike Trippett is as knowledgable as anyone else here...he works for a newspaper for heaven's sake....he is just stating his own opinion like all of us...Guys like Keith Rivers come out every year... the difference is that they are sometimes picked in round 2!!!

just stating the facts,
sammy

I trust Deion Sanders personnel scouting as much as I trust Shaquille Oneal at the foul line..........just because Deion played CB doesn't mean he can evaluate and project talent. Just ask Jim Haslett with Lbers.

Keith Rivers

Mike Trippett of the Times Picayune said today in his chat that 10 is too high for DRC and that the team probably has Rivers, Ellis, Dorsey, and McKelvin ahead of DRC.

Mike Trippett doesn't know too much about football

Last year we brought in a guy named Dathan Brown who just so happened to work out with the great Darrell Green of Washington. He is a HOF'er. He actually said that Dathan would be a great CB for years to come. I believe Dathan is out of the league now. Just saying.

wow...comparing Deion to Haslett?

I don't think a reply is even worthy to this...Do you realize that Deion Sanders is regarded as the BEST cover corner to EVER play the game of football????

The man is respected. The man is decorated. The man knows a heck of alot more about football than anyone on this message board or any message board period.

Hall of Fame Players are pretty special dude....wake up...

With all due respect to Darrell Green.... Deion said this on national television and he said it in a convincing fashion. He wasn't quoted in the paper. In fact, Deion was so enamoured with this kid that he took him and only him under his wing and spent time with him teaching him technique, etc....

Later,
Samdogg

I agree.

Rivers is a more athletic Shanle. Mayo is better than he is.

McKelvin is at best the 5th most talented CB. His value is inflated due to his return skills. The Saints need a #1 CB. Not a dime back with return skills.

I LOVE YOU. I have been saying this from the beginning.

Look how big he is flying around the feild. He's like Randy Moss on D.

I would be absolutely shocked if DRC was our pick, in fact I don't see us taking a CB in the first 4 rounds.

i agree 100%. He is by far the most talented CB coming out of this class. Watch the combine videos on nfl.com of him verses the other 1st round corners and it's obvious how much naturally gifted he is. perfect hip movement. stupid speed. great breaks and cuts. the guy will be extremely good once coached up and put to a real challenge. I'd almost say that i would rather DRC over Ellis.

I don't think a reply is even worthy to this...Do you realize that Deion Sanders is regarded as the BEST cover corner to EVER play the game of football????

The man is respected. The man is decorated. The man knows a heck of alot more about football than anyone on this message board or any message board period.

Hall of Fame Players are pretty special dude....wake up...

Later,
Samdogg

Seriously???????????? Me wake up?????????? You have no clue.......

I guess you think Micheal Jordan made a great pick in Kwame Brown too.........I mean Jordan was the greatest of all time.........please man.:covri:

Great player does not equal great personnel man........Isiah Thomas anyone?

If DRC proves to be a shutdown corner or relatively close to it, then I'd be ok with it. I'd rather a DT (Dorsey or Ellis), but they probably won't be there.

I'm of the theory that fixing our front 7 will improve our secondary without any personnel changes from our current roster of DBs.

Now, getting DRC and then Laws, Sims or even Mayo would be make me happier.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom