Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (1 Viewer)

if you judge players on what others write, i hope and pray you are never a Saints Scout!!!

I think thats been the problem with the Saints scouts the last couple years, because Paul Posluszny from Penn St. last year should of been a no brainer

if you judge players on what others write, i hope and pray you are never a Saints Scout!!!

The vast majority, if not everyone, on this board, including those drooling over DRC, judge players only on what they read.

The vast majority, if not everyone, on this board, including those drooling over DRC, judge players only on what they read.

We're not scouts. ;)

We do have things like the Combine, Senior Bowl, NFL Network, websites done by people who follow the game and its players a lot more closely than we do, internet vids and a thing called the college football season. Lots of info out there. Some people get most of their info just by reading mocks. I put no stock in them, though, because they change so much and are never accurate.

did ya'll see him go up for that pick in the senior bowl. We got nobody on our team that can do that. We don't have a speedster at corner either. He's a playmaker. I'd love to get him.

his personality is cockyyyyy,,,not just confident cocky but onbnoxious cocky,,guys like that very rarely take in coaching

Some experts here on SR say he got pwn3d by WRs in D1-AA... :rolleyes:

i think this sentiment came from a thread where someone stated a comment from one of the coaches from his conference said they never gameplanned DRC and never had to. They said when they scouted DRC's team to play, DRC's play did not warrant his team to make any adjustments. This definately implies that DRC was not a dominant College player.

Of course, that doesn't exactly mean he won't excell in the NFL. It's just what a Coach said and thinks of DRC in the Conference DRC played in.

I will say this, if DRC is as beastly as some here think, I would think that he would have been gameplanned just a little............don't you?

i think this sentiment came from a thread where someone stated a comment from one of the coaches from his conference said they never gameplanned DRC and never had to. They said when they scouted DRC's team to play, DRC's play did not warrant his team to make any adjustments. This definately implies that DRC was not a dominant College player.

Of course, that doesn't exactly mean he won't excell in the NFL. It's just what a Coach said and thinks of DRC in the Conference DRC played in.

I will say this, if DRC is as beastly as some here think, I would think that he would have been gameplanned just a little............don't you?

What if they never actually game planned for him but told the QB not to throw it if the receiver is covered? Not changing the game plan to accommodate DRC but still very aware of his presence on the field.

Those weaknesses simply aren't true anyway. I have only two game films I was able to get a hold of but he was steller throughout. He has lapses where he does get high in his backpedal and he turns the wrong direction at times, but that simply is a LACK of coaching. He dominated at his level and dominated at the senior bowl. BUST? He is the closet player to non-bust as there is in this entire draft. He is healthy, strong, durable, athletic, and a 4 year starter. He is also a return man. To say he was ever outmatched in college is STUPID. He needs reps and coaching, but he DOMINATED in college.

I love Kieth Rivers and McElvin is good to me, but getting DRC would be a great thing.

I'd say there are too many similar cb's in this draft.
Any could boom, any could bust.
BPA at #10 will not be a cb.

his personality is cockyyyyy,,,not just confident cocky but onbnoxious cocky,,guys like that very rarely take in coaching

hahahaahahahha.....have u ever met him? have u ever talked to him? wait wait wait, have u ever been in the same state as him??

corners are taught to be cocky and have a short memory, if you played football at any level you would know that.... hell, when coaching DB's you are supposed to put it in thier heads that they are the best at what they do.... and yet, if you've ever heard DRC talk he seems humble and yet, some guy from no where says he's too cocky....

:idunno:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom