Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie's work ethic (1 Viewer)

I'll say it again. Take the "Cromartie" off his name, and nobody knows who this kid is.

You'd think it, but he's showing that Cromartie blood. The comparisons to his cousin should be mentioned MORE than they have; people have been rather quiet on that front. He's got a freakish blend of size, speed and athleticism; he has all the makings of a real deal.

A.J. Hawk, on the other hand... if his name was Albert Winklebean, he wouldn't have been a top-5 pick.

Mike Jenkins is the best cornerback in the draft. He is also the best man cover corner in the draft. DRC is a reach at 10.

I don't think you can say that he has better skills than Jenkins and Mike's competition and track record are way above anything DRC can boast...

If we get our pick of CBs in this draft, Mike Jenkins is the best guy out there...

BTW: You should have the title read Mike Jenkins and DRC's work ethic...

DRC is good but I don't think he's 10th pick material.

...His father kept telling him he had a cousin who played at Florida State, but Rodgers-Cromartie never thought much of it until he got to know Antonio Cromartie in the past year. Cromartie, a second-year San Diego Chargers cornerback, led the N.F.L. with 10 interceptions last season.

Rodgers-Cromartie said he knew events like the N.F.L. scouting combine were probably more important for him than others.

“I kind of feel like I’ve got to be three out of three: the Senior Bowl, here, then at my Pro Day,” he said. “I’ve just got to go out and put up basically incredible numbers to even get an opportunity to go high in the draft.”

What could attract N.F.L. clubs to Rodgers-Cromartie and McKelvin beyond their cornerback abilities is their special teams skills. Rodgers-Cromartie averaged 24.4 yards on kickoff returns.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/25/sports/football/25combine.html?ref=sports

We just need to pick this guy at 10. He will not be around if we consider trading down in the 1st. He's raw and talented just like his cousin. I listened to an interview with him on NFL Radio and he talked his way through a play when the comentators put him on the spot better than JD played the entire season. He will make an instant impact on our D and in the return game. He's a playmaker pure and simple. He's long, athletic, fast and a superstar in the making just like his cousin.

BTW, when they asked what he'd run in the 40, he replied "In the low 4.3's".

I don't think Dorsey or Ellis will be there at 10, if they are then we probably go with one of them, but if they aren't then DRC should be our pick.

Jenkins just measured in at 5'101/4".

I'll say it again. Take the "Cromartie" off his name, and nobody knows who this kid is.

Maybe you should read this,

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/dominique-rodgers-cromartie?id=306

And just in case, you dont feel like reading, here are a few notes,

Only gave up 3 TD's in 39 starts, I dont care what level you play against, that's simpy unreal.

Gave up 1.86 per pass attempt in his direction, during 2006.

During career was thrown at 161 times for only 55 completions, and gave up only 3.54 yards per attempt throughout his career, the best of any college CB, anywhere, on any level.

Who cares about the last name, those numbers , are flat out astonishing.

Passing on this kid at 10 will be a big mistake, he may be gone by 15, at least.

And I'll say this again, Jerry Rice, the greatest WR of all time went to Mississippi Valley State,

Walter Payton, Jackson State, and Steve McNair went to Alcorn state. Sometimes the talent level is there, and this guy has big time written all over him.

I don't think Dorsey or Ellis will be there at 10, if they are then we probably go with one of them, but if they aren't then DRC should be our pick.

I completely agree; my list for BPA starts with Dorsey, Ellis and DRC. After that I'm not sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom