Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie's work ethic (1 Viewer)

Love the fact that a lot of people want him at #10 and loves him for his ball skills and yet he only had 2 interceptions this past season playing against a bunch of no bodies.

Some even think he'll be ready to play immediately. Did you forget that he's 6-2 and weigh in at a whopping 170? He'll get tossed like a ragdoll. He's a stick. He already has problems shedding blocks..

Usama Young had great work ethic. He wasn't ready his rookie year. I expect the same from Cromartie. He's just a glorified version of Young. Loads of potential but he's not ready yet.

I love this guy as a 2nd round prospect but definitely not in the top 10. He's a project. Even if he gains 20-30 pounds by the combine... what are the chances of the guy keeping that weight and how much does the extra weight affect his play? Too many question marks to even be considered that high.

Gotta love it...................He just seems like he wants it!

http://www.bradenton.com/sports/story/397454.html

A good read thanks......good to see him working & improving with the other top players at Shaw's camp.

This is only going to help DRC contiune his rise into the first round. He probably will be top 15 by the time the draft rolls around.......I say take him at 10, IMHO.

Love the fact that a lot of people want him at #10 and loves him for his ball skills and yet he only had 2 interceptions this past season playing against a bunch of no bodies.

Some even think he'll be ready to play immediately. Did you forget that he's 6-2 and weigh in at a whopping 170? He'll get tossed like a ragdoll. He's a stick. He already has problems shedding blocks..

Usama Young had great work ethic. He wasn't ready his rookie year. I expect the same from Cromartie. He's just a glorified version of Young. Loads of potential but he's not ready yet.

I love this guy as a 2nd round prospect but definitely not in the top 10. He's a project. Even if he gains 20-30 pounds by the combine... what are the chances of the guy keeping that weight and how much does the extra weight affect his play? Too many question marks to even be considered that high.

I couldnt disagree more.

I've watched the senior Bowl, over and over and over, and Im telling you, if this guy were in a USC, or LSU uniform, the scouts and analyst would be screaming top 5 pick. The guy is a special talent. And he's now listed at 183, if I'm not mistaken, but we all know the true height and weight will come out at the combine.

Rashean Mathis went to Bethune Cookman, and slid to the second round, but probably should have been a top 10 pick, on skills alone. If it could all be done over Again, I bet Jerry Rice would have been a top 5 pick, but he went to Mississippi valley state.

Sometimes you have to judge the talent, not the competition, And this guy has as dynamic a skill set of any corner in the draft.

Problem is his helmet says TSU, instead of LSU, or Miami, or Geogia.

Take em at 10!!!!!

Lord knows we need him.

Last edited:

Jason David had better stats than Nnamdi Ashumonga did last year. Are we gonna crown David the better CB. If a corner is that good, he will not be thrown at. The 2 picks isn't impressive but if you gonna go dig that up to knock him you need to do the full research and see how many times he was thrown at in comparison. You have a bunch of nobodys around him (as you put it) so why would you throw at the best player on the field when you can throw it at one of those nobodys. DRC at 10 may be a bit of a reach but if he is the guy we target and think will fit us the best, than I say pull the trigger.

To clarify, I am on record touting Aqib Talib, so i'm not a DRC lover. But he got rave reviews from NFL staffs at Sr. bowl, performed very very well in the game. If he has the speed, he has good height and all the other intangables than he is exactly what you want. A trade down would make it easier to swallow, 10 is a little high as it stands now. Its all gonna depend who is on the board when he is there. I do not think he will be the BPA and I don't think he will be the best DT, LB, or DB. So I don't see him here next year, unless he wows our coaches and they really see something special in him. In which case I won't fault them either.

Last edited:

They didn't throw to his side. Stats don't show everything. He was a big fish in a small pond and at the Senior Bowl he was a bigger fish in a small pond full of other big fish. This guy is the real deal and if he has the work ethic and desire like his cousin, the sky is the limit for this guy.

Remember back when everybody was on the Kenny Phillips bandwagon? Now it seems it's DRC's turn.

:bored2:

Remember back when everybody was on the Kenny Phillips bandwagon? Now it seems it's DRC's turn.

Yeah I am sure after the combine the board will have a new work out monster they will all want. :covri:

Before you know it the board will be divided into certain players camps and heated "discussions" will begin........ and yes it is inevitable but the infamous <strong>Smoke Screen</strong> will make a strong come back soon enough :no:

Nnamdi Asomugha &amp; Champ Bailey

You cant judge a player by his INT amount.....come with a better one than that. For ex.......Nnamdi had 8 pics last year and Champ had 10. This year Nnamdi had 1 and Champ had 3.....do those stats say anything about them as players?.....of course not, all that means is that opposing teams avoided that side of the field this year. Regarding DRC, I actually read somewhere that in a few games this year some teams went the ENTIRE game without throwing a single pass to the reciever that he was manned up against.

Yeah I am sure after the combine the board will have a new work out monster they will all want. :covri:

Before you know it the board will be divided into certain players camps and heated "discussions" will begin........ and yes it is inevitable but the infamous <strong>Smoke Screen</strong> will make a strong come back soon enough :no:

Some days I think this board has ADHD.....:ezbill:

My only contention with the argument against DRC is the quality of opponents while playing at Tennessee State. Like someone said before, the stats do no tell the whole story and the opponents could have passed to the other side of the field.

But back to the quality of opponents. I believe that to be a bit short-sighted seeing all the talent that has come from small schools and have excelled in the NFL and some even being Hall of Fame caliber careers.

Hell, if Colston played at a Div 1A school and not Hofstra, he would have been a 3rd or 4th round pick rather than 7th. If everyone knew then what we do now, he would been a 1st round pick probably.

My only contention with the argument against DRC is the quality of opponents while playing at Tennessee State. Like someone said before, the stats do no tell the whole story and the opponents could have passed to the other side of the field.

But back to the quality of opponents. I believe that to be a bit short-sighted seeing all the talent that has come from small schools and have excelled in the NFL and some even being Hall of Fame caliber careers.

Hell, if Colston played at a Div 1A school and not Hofstra, he would have been a 3rd or 4th round pick rather than 7th. If everyone knew then what we do now, he would been a 1st round pick probably.
Its doesnt make much sense to give DRC negative marks based on the size of school he comes from and then give McKelvin and Mike Jenkins high marks.

Troy played against....
Arkansas
Florida
Oklahoma_State
UL Lafayette
UL-Monroe
Florida Intl
North Texas
Arkansas State
Georgia
Western Ky
Middle Tennessee
Fla Atlantic
(not exactly the high standard of competition)

and Jenkins played against....
Elon
Auburn
North Carolina
West Virginia
Florida Atlantic
UCF
Rutgers
Connecticut
Cincinnati
Syracuse
Louisville
Pittsburgh
Oregon

What CB is EVER ready in their first year? Rookie CBs get picked on, that's why you see guys like Darrelle Revis and Dunta Robinson putting up big numbers in their rookie seasons. Also, he did take home the MVP trophy for the South at the Senior Bowl, so obviously he's proving himself. He may not be the most physical guy, but neither was Deion Sanders and he's got the frame to bulk up.

Last edited:

Kind of like last year when everyone was on the Chris Houston bandwagon. Didn't hear much about him this past season did we?

"I was always a fast guy, but I have to be moving, I need momentum to get going," said the 6-foot, 200-pound Jenkins. "But now I'm working on coming off the start and getting more power so I can get a better 40."

I don't think Jenkins did himself any favors by admitting the above statement. Aren't these guys supposed to be selling their good qualities? Seems like a stupid thing to say...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom