Domonique Foxworth: NFL PLayers Don't Trust Goodell (Saints bounty scandal a big reason) (1 Viewer)

I've not seen that in print. Is this new information? Could you point me to a link please?

That will be hard to find it's 3 year's old. NOLA.coms search engine is all over the place.

Santini has stated for the record that team trainers reported Vicodin missing. He placed secret cameras on the locker and vitt showed up on film swiping it. When he bought it to Loomis' attention he was fired. Dude is suing. I haven't heard much about it since though. That leads me to believe there was a settlement and a gag order. Case shut files sealed.

So Tagliabue is the bastion of truth and justice? Because he said that, it's the truth? Man, you are gullible.

I have this bridge for sale........

BS dude you said indisputable facts. there are none... you are making it like your opinion and conclusions are facts and predictably attacking my character because I disagree. There are no facts to prove it did or didn't occur

Good point but the league's assertion was that is how they first handled it with the saints but that the team continued with it despite the league's warnings; for three years.

Where's the letter? I'd imagine if this was a repeat or continuation then the NFL would've released the original discipline determination. Instead they notified the Saints there was insufficient evidence and the investigation would be closed, only to be reopened before the 2011 playoffs because of "new" evidence. That seems really odd to me. Tom Benson cooperated, told his employees to stop, IF it was occurring, and that was that. I fully believe in the character of our head coach and that he would've quashed a pay to injure program, or bounty system if he knew there was one. I think this was Gregg Williams acting on his own, and then throwing the team under the bus to save his own rear. But Payton and the Saints get hammered. Why?

Where's the letter? I'd imagine if this was a repeat or continuation then the NFL would've released the original discipline determination. Instead they notified the Saints there was insufficient evidence and the investigation would be closed, only to be reopened before the 2011 playoffs because of "new" evidence. That seems really odd to me. Tom Benson cooperated, told his employees to stop, IF it was occurring, and that was that. I fully believe in the character of our head coach and that he would've quashed a pay to injure program, or bounty system if he knew there was one. I think this was Gregg Williams acting on his own, and then throwing the team under the bus to save his own rear. But Payton and the Saints get hammered. Why?

Exactly... GW was said to have a go **** yourself clause. I think Sean believed it was finished. I believe Vitt let him down and kept it under wraps. That's just my opinion. but ultimately, The Captain of the ship took the big hit.

I also think it's ridiculous that Williams is allowed back. If sean got a year then Williams should have at least double that.

And i do appreciate your ability to debate this without it turning into a fight.

Folks think I'm not a fan but I tell you when the Saints lose a game I can't eat for a day. it literally makes me ill . Modays are bombed. When they lost to san fran it made me cry. No joke. And i'm tough. that broke my heart though.

That will be hard to find it's 3 year's old. NOLA.coms search engine is all over the place.

Santini has stated for the record that team trainers reported Vicodin missing. He placed secret cameras on the locker and vitt showed up on film swiping it. When he bought it to Loomis' attention he was fired. Dude is suing. I haven't heard much about it since though. That leads me to believe there was a settlement and a gag order. Case shut files sealed.

I found it. Thanks.

Joe Vitt is the key figure in the Saints' Vicodin controversy | ProFootballTalk

Interesting that, if Santini had this footage, why wasn't he subpoenaed by a Federal Grand Jury? I'd imagine this would've been fresh blood in the water for the DEA.

And i do appreciate your ability to debate this without it turning into a fight.

Folks think I'm not a fan but I tell you when the Saints lose a game I can't eat for a day. it literally makes me ill . Modays are bombed. When they lost to san fran it made me cry. No joke. And i'm tough. that broke my heart though.

Well, this is a very emotional topic. Saints fans are the most passionate and loyal in the world. And when folks get emotionally stirred up they sometimes forget basic decorum. Understandable, given the circumstances, I think. But no less frustrating.`Culturally, South Louisianians tend to hold a grudge, for better or worse. As a born and bred Cajun, it is something I struggle with myself. However, when it comes to Goodell I hold a lot of that anger and expect I'll carry this grudge to my grave.

I deal with situations like this on the dolphins message board all the time. When another fan of the same team has a problem with your opinion they will sometimes take it personal and attack you at every angle possible, even sometimes go as far childish name calling when its forbidden on the boards but because they are apart of the staff they can do it. Best thing i'v noticed it to state your opinion and leave it at that, no need to debate a matter that will always finish in a dead end everytime.

No ones truly knows what went on or if bounty gate really occured, but whats done is done and the Commissioner football had to do his job. At some point people are going to have to move on, you got your coach back, your players are back, and your draft picks are back, the ship is back on track and i think payton will be damned if he let this bushleague stuff go on his watch again. Move on and look forward to pursueing another ship with 1 of the best qbs in the league Brees.

Look forward, not backwards.

I think most people here would have been fine with some sort of suspension or fine or something like that. It was the heavy handedness that rubbed people the wrong way. The only reason he was so heavy handed was because of the concussion lawsuits, not because of some moral outrage and him having to do his job. Even a lot of media guys are starting to pick up on that.

Our coach was suspended for a year when Bill Belichik, a guy who actually cheated, never got suspended.

And, no, we haven't gotten our draft pick back.

You're god **** right I hold a grudge against Goodell.

You say this:
It's insulting you for me to disagree? I've tried over and over again to be respectful only to flamed with personal insults.

After you said this:

Exactly, regardless of its merits no message other than the one you want to believe is acceptable. Eyes wide shut.

Predictable

Real respectful to someone you disagree with.

I've been on this merry-go-round with you before. You and Duncan are are right and all of us are biased and unobjective. Got it.

I'm off to converse with my fellow whacky conspiracy theorists. Over and out.

You don't have to go that far in proving your loyalty. We aren't all going to agree on stuff. Loving the Saints is the tie that binds. In fact, its that union that allows us to share our other disagreements, like any other "brothers" and "sisters" in a union.

Say what you need to say.

I think most people here would have been fine with some sort of suspension or fine or something like that. It was the heavy handedness that rubbed people the wrong way. The only reason he was so heavy handed was because of the concussion lawsuits, not because of some moral outrage and him having to do his job. Even a lot of media guys are starting to pick up on that.

Our coach was suspended for a year when Bill Belichik, a guy who actually cheated, never got suspended.

And, no, we haven't gotten our draft pick back.

You're god **** right I hold a grudge against Goodell.

with the draft pick, i meant you atleast got your 1st rounder back by default. belichik didnt get suspended but they did get docked a 1st round pick and saints got off with only a 2nd rounder. Consussion lawsuits excuse is getting old, it has nothing to do with trying to take someones acl out, completely irrellevant. The mentioning of the media is a joke. Holding a personal grudge on the commissioner does nothing for the saints at all, but i guess if it makes you sleep better then go crazy!

with the draft pick, i meant you atleast got your 1st rounder back by default. belichik didnt get suspended but they did get docked a 1st round pick and saints got off with only a 2nd rounder. Consussion lawsuits excuse is getting old, it has nothing to do with trying to take someones acl out, completely irrellevant. The mentioning of the media is a joke. Holding a personal grudge on the commissioner does nothing for the saints at all, but i guess if it makes you sleep better then go crazy!

Dude, we got docked TWO 2nd rounders. A 2 year punishment. Not even comparable.

Even Tagliabue, who is a Goodell backer, vacated the players suspensions, imposed by his protege....Goodell!

That's all I need to know about the "fairness" of the process!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom