Domonique Foxworth: NFL PLayers Don't Trust Goodell (Saints bounty scandal a big reason) (2 Viewers)

I don't think they trust him and in the next agreement will get rid of him if the owners don't first, players union has leverage with the HGH testing, not enough to fire Goodell, but I can dream.

It's insulting you for me to disagree? I've tried over and over again to be respectful only to flamed with personal insults.

Abusing power? It's at Rogers discretion how he doles out his punishment. It's a judgement call. If I think it's too severe that doesn't give proof that he abused it, it just means I don't think his judgement is in line with what mine was.

I'd bet a thousand bucks if this happened to the Falcons and not the Saints that your sentiments and just about everyone else's in here would be the polar opposite. It would be a free for all on Falcons integrity and roger would be a hero. There's your objectivity. It happened to the Saints though and there is the difference.

As far as condescending is concerned, again, my opinion has gotten me very many personal attacks in here. I don't act like i'm better than anyone. I see hysteria in the way this thing has evolved. And Duncan is right, conspiracy theory out the yeng ya is the order of the day.

I respect the work that admins and mods do. I don't have a personal grudge against you. I hope it's not coming across that way.

I believe roger did what he thought was best and did his job.

The news of the New Orleans Saints operating a "bounty" program from 2009 to 2011 under defensive coordinator Gregg Williams has created quite a stir since the news broke Friday, but I will let you in on a dirty little secret: The practice is commonplace throughout the league.

From my rookie season in 1994 to my final year as a scout in 2007, I was associated with several teams that incorporated various forms of the "bounty" program cited in New Orleans. Most of those bonuses were tied to sacks, interceptions, forced fumbles and return touchdowns, but big hits and knockout shots were also included in the payouts. The financial incentives were established by players prior to the season, typically within a position group, and the payouts ranged from a few hundred dollars to $1,500 at the max.

Saints' 'pay for performance' system commonplace in NFL - NFL.com

BS dude you said indisputable facts. there are none... you are making it like your opinion and conclusions are facts and predictably attacking my character because I disagree. There are no facts to prove it did or didn't occur

You're contradicting yourself now. you said it occurred because Tags said it occurred, and it went on for three years. Now you're saying there is no evidence that it did or did not occur. Get outta here, guy

From the above article I poster one has to conclude the Saints were "cherry picked" by Goodell. Made the Saints carry the burden of the entire league. Set our team back in the middle of the most winning era of Saints football history...I would think Saints fans have every right to feel betrayed.

Apparently Guitarzan never read Joe Vitt's testimony.

Or he's just trolling guys for the red thumbs he so desperately craves. You know, par for the course.

Some men just want to watch the world implode.

Attachments

• NowHesDoneIt.jpg
    NowHesDoneIt.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 20
You're contradicting yourself now. you said it occurred because Tags said it occurred, and it went on for three years. Now you're saying there is no evidence that it did or did not occur. Get outta here, guy

I never said it occurred I said i think it occurred

I think most people here would have been fine with some sort of suspension or fine or something like that. It was the heavy handedness that rubbed people the wrong way. The only reason he was so heavy handed was because of the concussion lawsuits, not because of some moral outrage and him having to do his job. Even a lot of media guys are starting to pick up on that.

Our coach was suspended for a year when Bill Belichik, a guy who actually cheated, never got suspended.

And, no, we haven't gotten our draft pick back.

You're god **** right I hold a grudge against Goodell.

There is no doubt this is about a law suit. Looking forward I'm thinking some of the same folks who helped to bring this thing to where it's at and their testimony will be deposed and they will be working for the plaintiffs.

You say this:

After you said this:

Real respectful to someone you disagree with.

I've been on this merry-go-round with you before. You and Duncan are are right and all of us are biased and unobjective. Got it.

I'm off to converse with my fellow whacky conspiracy theorists. Over and out.

I responded with this: Exactly, regardless of its merits no message other than the one you want to believe is acceptable. Eyes wide shut.

Predictable

To someone who said this:

BOOOOO! on the article.

Yeeeaaaa! on this response!

Just like with my ex and her lawyer, my retaliation is changed into something else... there's a difference in giving a harsh response to a harsh note than beginning with one.

I try to be civil but some folks say things that goad and provoke. I'm sorry you and I can't agree to disagree but I think I'm safe feeling that I've had my character attacked more often for believing it happened and have allowed that Roger did his job without abusing his power-- albeit that I disagree with the severity of his penalty and the soundness of his judgement-- and that there was a system in place. I really think that Goodell would have maybe cut Sean some slack if he would fired Vitt. I don't know this but I think that Roger likely gave Sean an ultimatum or two -- like fire Vitt or else-- and he said no.

My best guess, is the system was in place, the team was warned to stop it, Sean thought it was, Greg said screw you, and Vitt tried to keep it under wraps so it wouldn't explode. But ultimately it did it explode.

I think the folks who are grinding this ax have given their testimony and we will be hearing from them in the lawsuit. I think the bounty case will be front and center in the plaintiff's suit against the NFL. Roger realizes that the plaintiffs will likely use this as a launching pad into their arguments that the NFL was negligent, complacent and even tolerant of a systematic disregard for player safety; particularly as related to concussions and systematic disregard to safety and even willful attempts to injure other players.

That's why I think Roger came down so hard. I don't think that he needed to be so severe with the players and I don't think the severity of his punishment of the coaches will have any mitigating effect on the plaintiff's case because the NFL's response was too little too late. The plaintiffs will obviously see that this was the NFL trying to make an example to help to prove that it didn't have a systematic disregard for player safety but the jury won't buy it. I think the NFL is either gonna lose or settle the lawsuit. All of this bounty punishment wont sway a jury. IMO

These pay for pain systems have been in place for decades. Teams have frowned on players for sitting out with injuries and rewarded players who play through the pain. They've glorified the warrior quality of the game and they perch the tough guys up on a pedestal. I think that's the draw for most. It's violent.

The plaintiffs want to prove that was a negligent and injurious practice that should be remedied by medical payments and care and undoubtedly will push for a huge punitive award.

That's what I think. Watch it happen.

Some men just want to watch the world implode.

And then again, some search for what it all means. I don't want the NFL to be done away with but can it survive a lawsuit hit like the tobacco industry did?

I've noticed that some politicians seem sympathetic and that the judiciary bench has been sympathetic. Will a jury be?

I don't know-- BUT-- I'm trying to get a grasp of all that MIGHT have happened.

As The World Turns... I'll watch.

As for the real world, DPRK is a loose cannon with nukes that represents the second or third most grave danger to the nation's security. Their nukes could fall into the hands of radical extremists that would love to plant a mushroom cloud on US soil. Iran wants to vaporize Tel Aviv. Genocide is occurring in Syria. The planet is rapidly running out of resources to sustain an exploding population that will be near 20 billion people in 50 years and our grand children and all of posterity are in grave danger of mass war and a huge die off.

The news of the New Orleans Saints operating a "bounty" program from 2009 to 2011 under defensive coordinator Gregg Williams has created quite a stir since the news broke Friday, but I will let you in on a dirty little secret: The practice is commonplace throughout the league.

From my rookie season in 1994 to my final year as a scout in 2007, I was associated with several teams that incorporated various forms of the "bounty" program cited in New Orleans. Most of those bonuses were tied to sacks, interceptions, forced fumbles and return touchdowns, but big hits and knockout shots were also included in the payouts. The financial incentives were established by players prior to the season, typically within a position group, and the payouts ranged from a few hundred dollars to $1,500 at the max.

Saints' 'pay for performance' system commonplace in NFL - NFL.com

Coming to a court room soon too. Was the NFL's attempt to change the culture by blasting the Saints enough to save the day?

There's the new story.

And if I might add one more thing: I wouldn't be surprised to see Bobby McCray and Alex Brown chime in during trial-- for the plaintiffs.

McCray ends Warner's career and gets cut.

And then again, some search for what it all means. I don't want the NFL to be done away with but can it survive a lawsuit hit like the tobacco industry did?

I've noticed that some politicians seem sympathetic and that the judiciary bench has been sympathetic. Will a jury be?

I don't know-- BUT-- I'm trying to get a grasp of all that MIGHT have happened.

As The World Turns... I'll watch.

As for the real world, DPRK is a loose cannon with nukes that represents the second or third most grave danger to the nation's security. Their nukes could fall into the hands of radical extremists that would love to plant a mushroom cloud on US soil. Iran wants to vaporize Tel Aviv. Genocide is occurring in Syria. The planet is rapidly running out of resources to sustain an exploding population that will be near 20 billion people in 50 years and our grand children and all of posterity are in grave danger of mass war and a huge die off.

Evidently you didn't see the "divide by zero" error in the pic.

with the draft pick, i meant you atleast got your 1st rounder back by default. belichik didnt get suspended but they did get docked a 1st round pick and saints got off with only a 2nd rounder. Consussion lawsuits excuse is getting old, it has nothing to do with trying to take someones acl out, completely irrellevant. The mentioning of the media is a joke. Holding a personal grudge on the commissioner does nothing for the saints at all, but i guess if it makes you sleep better then go crazy!

i bet this guy would see things differently if it was his team that got the shaft. anyone who doesn't see this whole thing for what it really was and still is just chooses not to.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom