Domonique Foxworth: NFL PLayers Don't Trust Goodell (Saints bounty scandal a big reason) (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Union leader Domonique Foxworth speaks up:
Full Article here:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8963971/domonique-foxworth-nflpa-says-players-trust-nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell
NEW YORK -- Union leader Domonique Foxworth says NFL players don't trust commissioner Roger Goodell because of the Saints bounty case, in particular.

The NFLPA president added he wouldn't be able to persuade players to have faith in the league even if he wanted to.

"It's pretty obvious that there's a gap in what would be a reasonable amount of trust ..." Foxworth said. "There've been a number of events to lead players to believe they cannot trust the league.

"There was a bridge beginning to be built and then there were some recent events that kind of broke that bridge again."

It's a good article, but the comment section makes want to stick hot pokers through my eyes or kick a kitten. Seriously there are some sheeple out there. ESPN the spin machine that it has people like Ashley Fox writing that Goodell worth every penny he is paid. If that's true the price of manure just went up!

Good find, SeluSaint... thanks. :9:

"Trust is a two-way street. If the union wants to work together to build a better, safer and even more popular game, we extend our hand in partnership and respect. If the union wants to stir up old grievances and create mistrust, we will simply have to do the best we can to serve the interests on the fans, players and the game."

There is no way ESPN could keep credibility with the league if they told the unvarnished truth. I feel they had to slant/spin the story to say that the Comish is earning his salary. It's commonly called "political correctness" (but folks in the sports bar & around the water cooler call it suck-up) to help the Comish save face. :embarr:

Deep down (if you read between the lines), everyone knows the REAL truth.

SuperChuck: Wondering what your take on the article is...

Overall, pretty decent article, IMO.

:gosaints:

After reading some of the comments I would just like to know when schools quit teaching English, grammar, spelling and simple composition?

All i know is these players better get a education cause the game of football is bout to be non existent. Heck if a college gone pay for your education get it. Straight up!!

After reading some of the comments I would just like to know when schools quit teaching English, grammar, spelling and simple composition?

Shortly after they started teaching political correctness, environmental correctness, sex ed, anti America ed and equal outcome ed.

Shortly after they started teaching political correctness, environmental correctness, sex ed, anti America ed and equal outcome ed.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9gSQg1i_q2g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BIG DAWG said:
All i know is these players better get a education cause the game of football is bout to be non existent. Heck if a college gone pay for your education get it. Straight up!!

Case in point

Does anyone think a union leader will tell his members they should trust management? Yea, sure...

In this case, I agree with Foxworth the players shouldn't trust Goodell. However, they should trust Foxworth even less, if that's even possible.

Is there a story or example you have of anyone actually teaching these subjects in schools?

I know I shouldn't be at this point, but I'm continually shocked by how many people (I read the comments section) still think there was a pay-to-injure program in place, despite zero evidence being produced to back that claim. I have just as much evidence that unicorns exist as the NFL has that the Saints ever tried to injure anyone. And on top of that, the players had to go to court and fight to get any kind of due process. And what they got still wasn't unbiased, as the Rog just brought in his mentor to pull him out the fire by shifting all the blame to the coaches who couldn't fight back. I mean, I'm glad the suspensions for the players got repealed, but does anyone believe for a second if there was concrete evidence that they tried to injure anyone that their suspensions would have been vacated? Tags' decision was tailor made to save face for the NFL. And the guy grandstanding about player safety is the same guy pushing for an 18 game season and Thursday night games. The players shouldn't trust him.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here. It just bugs me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom