Don’t be afraid: Anyone believe that the Bears will win or Saints will not make it to Super Bowl this year?? (1 Viewer)

Gentilly504

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Anyone brave enough to come forward and go out in that water?? If some of you believe that the Bears will win or Saints will not make it to the Super Bowl, please give a reason why.

Anyone brave enough to come forward and go out in that water?? If some of you believe that the Bears will win or Saints will not make it to the Super Bowl, please give a reason why.
Because its the playoffs anything can happen. Everyone is 0-0 hate to bring it up but 2010 11-5 saints get beat by a 7-9 Seattle team. Saints better be ready bears will becoming with a fight!

I think I need to see how they play the bears to make a good guess. But gut says they beat bears but won't win the SB. They some up short in critical moments and its kinda hard to see them not screwing up down the line. We'll see though.
I absolutely hate hate hate admitting that I feel the exact same way.

I feel like there is an “it” factor that Super Bowls teams have - and I just haven’t seen it with this team.

I didn’t see it last year either - but I did see it in 18’ and we all know how that ended. 😖

I feel like we can beat the Bears and maybe even knock off a Seahawks or Rams team - but I can’t see them, as you said, not screwing it’s up somewhere along the way.

If we come out and have a dominate win like we should then I will feel a lot better about our chances.

If we come out flat and it’s a tight game then it’ll feel a lot more like the last 2 years.

I want that 2009 ”it doesn’t matter who we play” feeling very bad

If you're not at least a little skeptical then you haven't been paying attention the last few years. That being said.....there's a reason they play the games. We're a good team and will be in every game we play. It always comes down to just a handful of plays. We have to make those plays.

Because we've only had two comfortable victories in the SP/Brees era and they were against ARZ and DET. ARZ may have been coming off a SB appearance the year before but they made it there as a 9-7 team and were only 10-6 when we played them.

SB XLIV was way closer than the final score too since one play was the difference between us winning by 14 and possibly having an OT showdown with Peyton Manning. I'm not complaining about that, I'm just making that point to head off anyone that might try to call the SB a comfortable victory.

It's possible for us to run away with the Bears game but we have such a history of playing in coinflip games that the odds don't favor us winning three straight coinflips (especially since it's been 9 years since we've beat anyone down in a playoff game) which is what we're looking at from the divisional round onward.

Nope. I don’t base my reasoning on any of the last seasons only the season current and frankly the defence may be the best the saints have ever had and this may be the most weapons on offence we ever had. I beleive Ed go all the way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom