Don’t kill yourselves about a bad call (2 Viewers)

Ratings
Seeing threads about lawsuits etc. Makes me smh. Yes, Saints, Rams, even that CB Rober-Coleman expected to get the flagged. We had a great year!
It was a bad call and bad calls are part of the game. How about the no calls the Rams didn’t get?
E9B5945A-B555-459F-BBAD-E181F896C741.jpeg

Is the NFL rigged because these obvious penalties weren’t called? No.

What did we all say about the officiating with the Steelers gane and their fans? Deal with it right?

Well gents, live by the sword die by the sword.

CTSaint

Pro-Bowler
Ratings
Seeing threads about lawsuits etc. Makes me smh. Yes, Saints, Rams, even that CB Rober-Coleman expected to get the flagged. We had a great year!
It was a bad call and bad calls are part of the game. How about the no calls the Rams didn’t get?
View attachment 110438

What did we all say about the officiating with the Steelers gane and their fans? Deal with it right?

Now insert Helmet to helmet 0n Josh Hill or The roughing the passer 0n DB when Aaron D. Pushed him 2 steps after he threw it or non call on T. Ginn or on TLL..

BarBar

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Ratings
Not sure what point you are making here, but it's not valid based on the situation. in that situation (final moments of game with score tied) things like this are amplified by 10. Any of those calls you talked about MAY have altered the game. This one most certainly did....and it was 10 times more flagrant than any of those. I mean, everyone in the stadium and watching on TV saw it except for the refs.

Ratings
That big photo, he wasn't stomped on. I explicitly remember that shot and he jumped and spread his legs to avoid him and he did NOT land on him. That supposed delay of game, the clock was at 00 for less than a second, and by rule, the refs have to look at the clock and then look to see if it's snapped to hike it. The refs missed a couple face masks for both teams. But nothing, and I mean NOTHING was as game deciding as knocking down a receiver in route to catching a pass that would've resulted in an instant game over.

Would we have gotten away with knocking Rams receivers down in overtime? HELL NO! So kindly take a flying leap.

Ratings
View attachment 110438

View attachment 110438

Except none of those are penalties. There is no penalty for incidental facemask.

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Ratings
View attachment 110438

Well those are some pick and choose screenshots. The one where it looks like a guy is kicking someone in the head was a play where he jumped over another play to avoid contact... Landed on that player..and ended up just sitting on him instead. You may have the head stomps confused with Suh

Banned #11
Ratings
We just blew a 13-0 lead at home. Let me repeat that; the Saints blew a 13-0 lead AT HOME.

Refs did not cost us this game, they really didn't. They missed some calls, and yeah we got away with some stuff. That's how most NFL games go though. Refs are human and make mistakes.

The defense played their butts off and we had chance after chance after chance to do something, but the offense piddled around and kept going 3 and out. I think all of you are forgetting that prior to that PI non-call, we were relying on a freaking miracle bomb to TED GINN on that last play. If Ginn don't make that catch, we punt yet again as we did nothing on offense for the rest of that game after going up 20-10. The Ginn miracle bomb was our one and only offensive play that mattered rest of the game. We even got a chance in OT and managed to turn it over.

One bad non-call did not decide this game, I'm sorry but it didn't.

Something has been off with this offense for over a month. Something broke when they faced Dallas and they never quite recovered. The offense only scored over 30 points ONCE in the last 7 games. Brees threw less than 200 yards in all but one game to end the year. MITCH TRUBISKY had more yards and a better game against the Eagles in the playoffs than Brees did. While everyone on here is ready to riot over the MVP award, Brees has not looked like the MVP caliber QB he was half way into the season.

We pumped our chests and bragged this whole week how the offense supposedly dominated the Eagles, but how did they do that? Sure, they racked up yardage, but they only scored 20 points. For a team that had less than 100 yards in the second half, Philly had no business still having a shot to win last week and yet, there they were and there we were relying on the defense to bail us out yet again.

The defense tried everything to carry this team for the past month and a half, but they simply ran out of gas in the 4th quarter yesterday. We should've seen this coming in the Steelers game where yet again, we had to rely on the defense to save the day and the offense to just barely do enough to pull a win after blowing a 10 point lead.

Defense wins championships, but imagine if we had an offense like 2007, 2008, 2012 or any of the 2014-2016 teams here. We would be in the SB right now with a legit chance of actually winning it. I am not convinced this offense wouldn't have stalled around and got shut down to the Patriots in the SB after watching them completely suffocate the #1 ranked offense on the road last night for 3 quarters. After the Dallas loss, we watched Tampa Bay, Carolina, Philly and the Rams completely shut our only two offensive weapons down (Kamara and MT). You can bet your house that Bill Belichick would find a way to do the same and we would be in the SB going "what's wrong with this offense? Why can't they move down the field?" like we've been repeating the past month in a half. Can't blame that on the refs.

I'm not convinced at all that we would be beating the Patriots 2 weeks from now had we pulled through. This is not the same Saints team that smoked Philly and Cincy early in the season. Something went really wrong with them after week 11 and here we are with a season over after blowing a 13-0 lead at home in the playoffs.

Last edited:

HburgSaints

Veteran Starter
Ratings
View attachment 110438

Where are the screenshots of the head to head shots by Littleton on Hill and Kamara that went uncalled. The hit on Hill knocked him out of the game by the way. Or the defender wrapping his arms around Ginn to prevent him from making a critical first down? And you’ve further proven the point about the gross incompetence that is NFL officiating.

la. champ1

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Ratings
View attachment 110438

Nice try and no doubt they could have called a few penalties against us at various points during the game. But you leave out the clear PI on Ginn and on the OT drive against Thomas. None of the plays you are talking about about remove a team from victory and place them in a position to lose like that one play. Also some plays are harder to determine. This was a crystal clear botched call that cost us a super bowl appearance.

zatsnzapps

Do you have a pwobwem...?
VIP Contributor
Ratings
Bawlmer, Merlyn via Birmingham and Metairie/Kenner
Refs did not cost us this game, they really didn't. They missed some calls, and yeah we got away with some stuff. That's how most NFL games go though. Refs are human and make mistakes.
Yes they did, they really did. If you think this was just any ol' other generic missed call that happens in the first quarter, then I don't know what to tell you. THIS non-call specifically prevented us from the getting a first down that would've, for all intents and purposes, iced the game. We get that call, Lutz nails an old extra point and the Rams get the ball back with less than 10 seconds left in the game.

Ratings
Missed calls,this isn't about missed calls. It reeks of a biased fix. That very late time out was shady in my opinion as well. Rams can suck eggs, so can about a dozen other teams. We still could have won in ot but ot never should of happened to begin with.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Andrus SR News Page Articles 0