Don’t shoot the messenger (Brandin Cooks) (1 Viewer)

7th year in the league and he has only managed to stay on the same team consecutive years twice. Could be looking for a fifth team. And most of those teams payed good money. They can see the talent but once he is on the team they are seeing something else. Something is wrong with that picture. No thanks.

Did I miss something???

Why would we add a WR?
Cause maybe Callaway is injured pretty significantly and MT is part of the trade? Pure speculation. We’ll see.

I would take Will Fuller in a heart beat.

please, the cooks experiment was meh. no need for another try.

I think that people forget Cooks time with the Saints. Was he CGM? No. But he was a perennial 1000 yard receiver and a guy who was good enough to get 1st round compensation twice.

Would he make the team better? If the locker room conflict is overblown, then absolutely he can help the team. He had a good rapport with Brees. He wasnt just a deep threat on the Saints...he did most of his work over the middle of the field. With Sanders having COVID (and who knows how Payton feels about that), with CGM’s injuries/mental health concerns, and Callaway’s injury...I think that Cooks can really add an additional piece.

Do we need a secondary more? Maybe. It’s not like we don’t have talent in the secondary. Most believed that the Saints had a top 3 secondary entering the season. They’ve just significantly underachieved...and part of that has to be coaching. Elite FS aren’t sitting at home right now. Maybe Earl Thomas was once that guy, but he’s not anymore...and his off the field issues are a huge concern. Not to mention that it’s difficult to ask anyone to come in and start immediately without further disrupting continuity. I like the chances of the secondary playing up to expectations withthe current guys than someone coming in to make a huge contribution from the outside. The Saints could also use a pass rusher...but against those guys don’t grow on trees. Everson Griffin has been awful this year, and also has mental health concerns to boot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom