Don’t shoot the messenger (Brandin Cooks) (1 Viewer)

A well known former O lineman told me personally that we would trade Cooks in a few days because he was a one trick pony, pretty much only go routes and he wanted too much money. All yall say Drew cant throw the ball more than 15 yards in the air, so why in the sam hell would any of you want Cooks back?? It literally makes zero sense. Now if we were talking a Lance Moore type receiver, that's a little more versatile, I would be all for it, but Cooks makes ZERO sense for us.

We're gonna make a move. I'm sure of it. A WR, especially one we've already had and didn't end on the best of terms with (plus he's very one dimensional)? Not the move. Golden Tate fits better. And even then...if Callaway is fine, we don't really need anyone that badly.

A well known former O lineman told me personally that we would trade Cooks in a few days because he was a one trick pony, pretty much only go routes and he wanted too much money. All yall say Drew cant throw the ball more than 15 yards in the air, so why in the sam hell would any of you want Cooks back?? It literally makes zero sense. Now if we were talking a Lance Moore type receiver, that's a little more versatile, I would be all for it, but Cooks makes ZERO sense for us.

Were you indoors at the time of this conversation?

With the 49ers maybe? They had another injury today. Not sure how bad it us, though.

Brees today would ball with Cooks. Short routes are our offense. Cooks has the ability to break short plays as he did when he was here. That's the type of receiver we need. Not a deep threat.

Were you indoors at the time of this conversation?

Yea, I mean I don't like to name drop, but I guess it doesn't matter anymore. We did some work for Zack Strief and we talked about it for a few minutes about a week before cooks got traded.

We cannot take Cooks contract. We have two good receivers when healthy. The issue is our defense. Our secondary is way under performing. Cam Jordan is way under performing. Our tacking is deplorable. Any additions to this team should be to move a player we will not resign like Marcus Williams, Anzalone, or Sheldon Rankins that another team wants to sign long term.

Brees today would ball with Cooks. Short routes are our offense. Cooks has the ability to break short plays as he did when he was here. That's the type of receiver we need. Not a deep threat.

Your memory is different from mine. I remember them trying to make this happen and him having very little success.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom