Don’t sleep on the Saints (1 Viewer)

Look at NE after Brady. Now change the team from NE to NO and take away Newton and insert Winston... If anyone is thinking we are gonna be back on top of the division they should start stocking up on keyboards now cause they are gonna be smashing a few this season.

Expecting rookies to come in and immediately replace the veterans we lost is asking too much. If Lattimore is suspended that first month or so is going to be rough on our DBs. We're probably going to give up a lot of touchdowns and have to play catch up which could lead to some Famous Jameis turnovers. I'm expecting a slow start to the season. Maybe fighting for a wild card berth in the end.
I don't know why people are looking past what we've lost on defense and expecting us to not lose a step. We're replacing all those key guys with rookies. People were complaining about our D before and that was when we had a formable group. Now there's going to be so much unknown.

I don't know why people are looking past what we've lost on defense and expecting us to not lose a step. We're replacing all those key guys with rookies. People were complaining about our D before and that was when we had a formable group. Now there's going to be so much unknown.
Some people are excited about the direction of the team while others are prisoners of the moment constantly comparing and complaining passing it off as being "realistic".

What I mean by "overblown" is, many of his sacks were just being at the right place at the right time. Not so much pressure, or beating his man straight off the line and sacking the QB. Just my opinion of course.

The same could be said about the Saints 8 winning games without Brees. Right place/right time, lucky schedule, every other team member playing out of their minds, etc.

Klein was going to be our Kuechly... remember?
I'm hoping Werner develops into a better Klein... and catch actually catch balls that hit his hands, unlike Klein.

If he never turns into anything other than a steady dependable LB, he'd still be worth the pick IMO. Just a guy
that does his job.

Klein was not as athletic as Kuechly, Luke also had some of the best instincts of any LB I've ever seen, he was almost always in the right place. That said I also think Klein was criminally underrated among most fans...

What I mean by "overblown" is, many of his sacks were just being at the right place at the right time. Not so much pressure, or beating his man straight off the line and sacking the QB. Just my opinion of course.

I mean, he had 558 snaps (compared to Cam's 816), to me that makes his sack numbers even more impressive, he got pretty consistent pressure also...had it been a normal type cap year I think we would have re-signed him...

Look at NE after Brady. Now change the team from NE to NO and take away Newton and insert Winston... If anyone is thinking we are gonna be back on top of the division they should start stocking up on keyboards now cause they are gonna be smashing a few this season.

Naw, not even close. NE roster was nowhere near as strong as ours is now....I'm typically pretty guarded/conservative when it comes to expectations about the Saints, I think they will surprise some folks this year....in a good way....

The same could be said about the Saints 8 winning games without Brees. Right place/right time, lucky schedule, every other team member playing out of their minds, etc.
I can't argue with that. The Seattle win might be the exception of that winning streak.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom