Don’t sleep on the Saints (1 Viewer)

I see us going 9-8.

My concern is not quarterback. We did not lose the 2011 or even 2017 Drew Brees, but the 2020 Drew Brees.

My concern is defense and our free-agency losses. We have little depth at cornerback, defensive tackle and linebacker. A Lattimore suspension for several games would truly hurt.

In short, free-agency losses and a draft that is unlikely to make a major contribution in 2021. We are retooling. With the compensatory picks we will have next year and our full allotment of draft picks, I am optimistic about our future, even with some questions at quarterback.

But the challenge in 2021 will be staying competitive. We will be taking at least one step back.
Agreed. Hopefully we draft well with our higher pick, and hopefully a stud QB is available when we pick.

I see us going 9-8.

My concern is not quarterback. We did not lose the 2011 or even 2017 Drew Brees, but the 2020 Drew Brees.

My concern is defense and our free-agency losses. We have little depth at cornerback, defensive tackle and linebacker. A Lattimore suspension for several games would truly hurt.

In short, free-agency losses and a draft that is unlikely to make a major contribution in 2021. We are retooling. With the compensatory picks we will have next year and our full allotment of draft picks, I am optimistic about our future, even with some questions at quarterback.

But the challenge in 2021 will be staying competitive. We will be taking at least one step back.

I get what you are saying here and agree with some of it....but....I think folks are going to be surprised how good our offensive line is (if we are healthy), we have young players there (McCoy and Ruiz) who are going to get better, I'm excited to see Ruiz at his natural position (C). I also think we need to lean on the running game like we did during last year's winning streak.

I fully agree with the QB situation, I'm thinking that won't be the biggest issue. For our D to be as good as last year, we are going to have to be completely healthy with 3 rookies ready to make contributions, that is asking a lot....we will see...

Once the schedule is published, I will have a clearer projection of how the Saints 2021 season will play out.

What I love the most about this season is "The Unknown". Therefore, expectations are low on us and we are under the radar at the moment. In my opinion, this is a good thing because if there's anything we know about our team is...they are better suited when they are "underdogs". Therefore, anything can happen this season. Sign me up on the "wait and see" list. I am remaining optimistic.

Most of starters on defense still remain. Only losses were Hendrickson and J. Jenkins and they were replaced with equal talent in the draft. So we shouldn’t take a step back on defense unless Lattimore is suspended for more than a couple games
Don't forget Malcolm Brown and Sheldon Rankins. Those were tough losses as well.

I expect a 14-3 or 13-4 season but hopefully not another brain fart in the playoffs. Tampa won’t win the division.

11-6 at best, I think this team has to much talent even though some names have changed this organization knows how to put out winners no different from the Packers, Steelers, Patriots.

This is a 7 to 9 win team. We play the East this year, GB, Sea, and Tenn as the 17th game.

You can’t lose a HOF QB, 13 sack guy, 2 DT, 2 LB, TE, and your #2 CB/WR and hope to replace them with draft picks and a retread at QB.

This is a 7 to 9 win team. We play the East this year, GB, Sea, and Tenn as the 17th game.

You can’t lose a HOF QB, 13 sack guy, 2 DT, 2 LB, TE, and your #2 CB/WR and hope to replace them with draft picks and a retread at QB.
I thought we went 8-1 the last two seasons without Brees?
Hendrickson's 13 sacks are overblown.
Rankins was not healthy while playing
I'll give you Brown being a big loss, but I think we have enough depth to handle that loss
The secondary has taken the biggest hit, IMO. We shall see
Wr's need one more target.

We lost some players but we are gaining some key new rookies, and the 2019 offensive player of the year returning.

I think we will be a very tough out no matter who we play.

If anything, I can say that this team is battle tested after the last few years.... that means something... this team has something most teams don't, character, grit and the ability to win ugly if needed.

So really knows our ceiling.. but I think it's higher than most people believe.

I thought we went 8-1 the last two seasons without Brees?
Hendrickson's 13 sacks are overblown.
Rankins was not healthy while playing
I'll give you Brown being a big loss, but I think we have enough depth to handle that loss
The secondary has taken the biggest hit, IMO. We shall see
Wr's need one more target.

We had a much better D which could carry average QB play the last two years. We won’t be as good on Def or Off this year.

There is nothing overblown about posting the 2nd highest sack total in 2020, tied with Aaron Donald. I don’t think he will post double digits again in Cincy this year because they lack DL talent. But 13.5 sacks is huge to a team. If Houston gives us Davenport production and Davenport gives us Davenport production, then we are going to really miss T-Rex.

Agree on Brown, CB. I’m hopeful for TQS but still expect a drop off from Sanders.

I think people are assuming LB and CB are going to work out. I guess Warner and Adebo will be a day 1 starters.

For me this season will be all about Winston! Will he take a big step up in playing within Coach Paytons offense and minimize his mistakes, while utilizing the great offensive tools he has to work with! I truly have no idea how he will respond to becoming the heir apparent to a legend. If he plays well this team can compete with anyone week to week. If he fails, this could be a long season waiting to draft a QB high in 2022...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom