Don’t sleep on the Saints (1 Viewer)

Gentilly504

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Saints had a deep Super Bowl contending roster. These are the main players that was let go: Cook, J.Jenkins, Rankins, M. Brown, Anzalone, E. Sanders, K.Alexander, Hendrickson.
2 Offensive players and 5 defensive players.

Look at some players we gain: Kpassagnon, Payton Turner , Werner, Paulson Adebo, Kawaan Baker(4.4 speed) , Jalen McCleskey (4.2/4.3 speed)

4 defensive players and 2 Offensive weapons. They still need help/depth at CB position and I believe they will get another player. Saints front DL should top in the league. Control that front line, you control the game.

We were stacked last year. Gave the game away to the Bucs with all the turnovers and short fields for Brady. We were the best team in the league in my opinion but it wasn’t our day that day. But about the roster I think we’ll make playoffs but we lost some good defensive players and a HOF qb retired. I’ll be stoked it we get past wildcard weekend.

Thing about the NFL is most think we're just good enough for a playoff berth...we've thought we were Super Bowl capable for how many years now? Like that was the expectation. Hell, with our team having a definite new style to it, we might be better equipped to go deeper into the playoffs than in recent years.

Either way. Should be fun to see what we look like with Jameis handed the reins.

Expecting rookies to come in and immediately replace the veterans we lost is asking too much. If Lattimore is suspended that first month or so is going to be rough on our DBs. We're probably going to give up a lot of touchdowns and have to play catch up which could lead to some Famous Jameis turnovers. I'm expecting a slow start to the season. Maybe fighting for a wild card berth in the end.

Love the optimism.....but there are major question marks that may cause a step back next season.

Defensive line is weaker.....losing a 13 sack impact player like Hendricson, and productive rotational players like Brown and Rankins will be hard to replicate. It is asking a lot for an unproven rookie to replicate 13 sacks.

We are severely thin at both linebacker and corner.....losing Jenkins really hurts and who knows what ramifications will come out of the Lattimore arrest. Corner is a real BIG question mark.

Who runs the show under center? How will the offense look without Brees? Anyone who thinks Winston or Hill will be an instant MVP candidate is just wishful thinking. How long will Payton be patient with Winston interceptions and Hill fumbling? Will Adam Trautman become a receiving threat or does another weapon emerge?

I don't question Sean Payton on how to handle an offense.....but so many questions on defense.

Whoever is the QB, the first few games, I expect a run heavy attack, to get our QB and team some confidence. Then Payton will slowly start opening up our playbook as the year goes on. I predict we will copy the Ravens, only go pass happy when down by 3 scores.

This team is retooling, they won't be competing for anything but a playoff birth hopefully next year, but we're trying to get out of cap hell so it's going to be heavy reliance on draft picks and UDFA players to fill out the roster.

Agreed but if we slowly bring our QB along, we might go further and make some noise. Goals
1) Win the division if possible, looks tough right now.
2) Lock down a playoff spot somehow.
3) Win a playoff game.

Just win baby

Might be a struggle to go 9-8, much less make the playoffs.

Defense will be back to being middle of the pack most likely. Offensive production scoring 30 points with Drew is probably not likely either. I can see us giving up 24 ppg and scoring right about 25. So that's a middle of the road team.

All depends on the Winston/Payton duo and it working out.

Make the playoffs and anything can happen. Drew was majorly injured last year and we still won 12. I think we beat Tampa if he’s healthy. It will
Be a different offense next year and I’ll bet we sign a couple of great vets (older guys with one more good year in them). We will be right there competing as long as we have that Oline, Kamara, Thomas, M Williams, Lattimore, Cam, David. We have some superstars. If a few guys step up watch out for the Saints

This legit might be the first off-season where all of the players signed by the Saints (draft and offseason), I have not heard of one name before

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom