Don’t sleep on the Saints (1 Viewer)

These are the main players that was let go: Cook, J.Jenkins, Rankins, M. Brown, Anzalone, E. Sanders, K.Alexander, Hendrickson.

Look at some players we gain: Kpassagnon, Payton Turner , Werner, Paulson Adebo, Kawaan Baker(4.4 speed) , Jalen McCleskey (4.2/4.3 speed)
I am afraid you just disproved the point you were trying to make. There's a huge difference between the first group and the second group.

Might be a struggle to go 9-8, much less make the playoffs.

Defense will be back to being middle of the pack most likely. Offensive production scoring 30 points with Drew is probably not likely either. I can see us giving up 24 ppg and scoring right about 25. So that's a middle of the road team.

All depends on the Winston/Payton duo and it working out.
Man it’s weird looking at a record of 9-8. It’ll take some getting used to.

Saints had a deep Super Bowl contending roster. These are the main players that was let go: Cook, J.Jenkins, Rankins, M. Brown, Anzalone, E. Sanders, K.Alexander, Hendrickson.
2 Offensive players and 5 defensive players.

Look at some players we gain: Kpassagnon, Payton Turner , Werner, Paulson Adebo, Kawaan Baker(4.4 speed) , Jalen McCleskey (4.2/4.3 speed)

4 defensive players and 2 Offensive weapons. They still need help/depth at CB position and I believe they will get another player. Saints front DL should top in the league. Control that front line, you control the game.
It'll be a really good draft if 2 to 3 of those guys pan out. That's what history teaches us. For this season, I'd put the incoming class's ability to produce like the guys we lost somewhere very close to 0%.

Let's face it.........just sit back and see what happens. We can speculate all we want. "We will go 8-9", "We will not look good", "We lost HOF Drew Brees, we will suck " Blah blah blah. Alot has changed with this team. Who knows what Saints will look like until THEY PLAY THE GAME.

Playing a 1st place schedule... in the same division as the current SB champs (who return every starter), losing the unquestioned leader of the team for the last 2 decades (and a 1st ballot HoFer), lost last season’s team sack leader, lost the clear-cut #2 starting CB...

Yeah, I dont know. with 7 playoff spots now, I think we are still in that conversation. But you just listed a 7th round draft pick and a guy who didnt even make it out of training camp with the Falcons as 'offensive weapons'. If we are going to sniff how good weve been the last 4ish years, we will need people that were on the roster last year and who havent turned the corner yet to show up in a big way, mainly TQS and Davenport. Callaway needs to keep developing. Same with Trautman. Winston will have to have his career arc shift up. You dont have the quality depth to survive a rash of injuries. The CB position is paper thin.

If the guys you listed show up, thats a bonus. Of the rookies, its either Werner or Adebo that is the most important to develop lightning fast. We havent had this much unknown going into a season since Katrina.

We still have a plenty talented team - We have All-Pro level talent at nearly every position group of our team... Our fate will be tied to how (which ever QB wins the starting job) performs, and how healthy we can stay at key positions.

In my heart, we going 22-0 Superbowl champs!
In my head though, I think we'll be fighting for a wildcard spot. We're still good enough to win 10 games with Taysom at QB. But if Winston gains the maturity, and accuracy I'm expecting from 2 years with SP.....
SUPERBOWL BABY!!!!

It's hard to say how good the Saints will be this season with Drew gone, but I trust in Payton. I don't see us having a .500 season. I still see us getting to the playoffs.

The only way that this team wins the division this year is if Jameis Winston is better this year than Drew Brees was last year. It's possible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom