Don Banks' First Mock (1 Viewer)

Jeremy

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
10 CB Aqib Talib Kansas Jr. 6-2 201
The Saints didn't upgrade their pass defense enough last offseason (Jason David?) and they paid for it in 2007. Talib is an elite athlete who has NFL size and coverage skills, and his versatility extends to him having played some on offense for the Jayhawks.

Not ideal, but a LOT better than Kentwaan Balmer. At least he isn't see his comparing him to Alex Molden.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/01/23/mock.draft1.part1/index.html?eref=T1

10 CB Aqib Talib Kansas Jr. 6-2 201
Talib is an elite athlete who has NFL size and coverage skills, and his versatility extends to him having played some on offense for the Jayhawks.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/01/23/mock.draft1.part1/index.html?eref=T1

This is what intrigues me. We need some athleticism on our defense. Not saying this is what he will become, but looking at how Cromartie has turned out, makes me wish we had someone with that skill set on our D.

Some have him as the 5th rated CB in this draft, some have him higher. Personally, I think hes a reach at 10.

Apparently he doesn't think too highly of Keith Rivers at #29.

I like his size. It could prove to be a nice commodity to have someone tall enough (but not too tall to be a CB) to man up on these beasts they call wide receivers these days.

Did anyone notice Ellis being listed at 257lbs? I don't know if that's a misprints cause everything else i've seen has him around 289lbs or so. Did he lose a leg in practice or something. If he is that light at DT he will not be drafted in the first round.

Did anyone notice Ellis being listed at 257lbs? I don't know if that's a misprints cause everything else i've seen has him around 289lbs or so. Did he lose a leg in practice or something. If he is that light at DT he will not be drafted in the first round.

SED Ellis weighed in at 307 or 308.
CHRIS Ellis weighed in at 257.

They got the two names and weights mixed up.

I hope that this not too curreent because with the way that Rivers is playing at the senior bowl this must be a joke.

Talib is a reach at the 10 spot.

Anyone else a little worried that it looks like the Falcons might have a clear and easy shot at drafting McFadden?

I know I don't want to have to see that SOB twice a season.

IMHO, Talib is the best CB prospect in this draft... and I thought the same even before Malcolm Jenkins said he was staying in school. I wouldn't be upset if we ended up with him... although, I'd rather a LB or DT at #10 (Rivers, Ellis, or Conner... not Ballmer)

under no circumstances should we draft this kid at #10. I'd be stunned if we did.

I hope that this not too curreent because with the way that Rivers is playing at the senior bowl this must be a joke.

Talib is a reach at the 10 spot.

IMO the "reach" term is a bit over used. Lets say that a team is targeting player X who is in their top 15 on their board. If they are picking at around 10-12 and no one wants to trade up is it a reach? IMO if you can not trade down than you take the player you have targeted because in most circumstances they will not be there when you pick again.

IMO the "reach" term is a bit over used. Lets say that a team is targeting player X who is in their top 15 on their board. If they are picking at around 10-12 and no one wants to trade up is it a reach? IMO if you can not trade down than you take the player you have targeted because in most circumstances they will not be there when you pick again.

That's still considered a reach. Under those terms that you described above, I think that would be acceptable, but only if they had him rated within a few spots of where they were picking. If they have the guy rated 20th and they're picking 10th, trade back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom