Don Banks' mock (Feb 27) (1 Viewer)

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
15 OLB Jarvis Jones Georgia Jr. 6-2 245
Jones isn't going to fall too far, even with a case of spinal stenosis on his medical report. He's got top-10 talent, and some team will deem him worth risk, even if his career is shortened by the condition. The Saints are desperate for more pass rush, and in the 3-4 defense they will transition to this season, Jones could be a havoc-wreaking force coming off the edge for coordinator Rob Ryan.

Read More: 2013 NFL Mock Draft 2.0 - NFL - Don Banks - SI.com

Vaccaro, Mingo, Fluker and Rhodes are available by the time we pick too...

Chance Warmack at #4? Who the *bleep is that?? I've been paying attention and haven't heard this guys' name at all.

18e.gif

Where would Jones be best suited? Weak side is Galette and thats the 1st place I would be thinking, the other option would be strongside, but if he is elite as a weakside backer I'm not sure.

Chance Warmack at #4? Who the *bleep is that?? I've been paying attention and haven't heard this guys' name at all.

Really? He's been mentioned by one draft guru as the #1 or #2 pick overall.

Although its the kiss of death, he's been referred to as the #1 can't miss prospect in the entire draft.

They said that about Aaron Curry as well... so grain of salt.

Would be really interesting to see what we would decide if Keke Mingo and Jarvis Jones are both available when our pick comes up.

A lot of people have been hoping that we would move back to regain our 2nd Round pick, and while I wouldn't be opposed to that in theory, I just wouldn't be able to pass up having options like that at 15.

Jones is the pick. He is the best player in this draft. If we get him at 15, I will be ever more excited than when Cam Jordan dropped to us at 24 or wherever we picked him.

If Jarvis Jones falls to us, I hope we take him. He's EXACTLY what we need on D. He's a legit beast, who has perennial pro bowl/all pro potential. Hate the Daquan Bowers reference. Sure, they both had/have medical issues, but on a talent level, Bowers isnt in the same league as Jones. If he falls, I doubt he falls far. The way the rook pay scale is now a days, we can "gamble" on him at 15, and not necessarily be hurt by it if he doesnt pan out. Jones in well worth it.

I would take Mingo in that spot.

Between Mingo and Jones, I take Jones, is health is 100% checked.

And I know we will disagree on this one, but I take Jones over Jordan too if there are no heath concerns.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom