Don Banks > NFL POWER RANKINGS (1 Viewer)

<table border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> New York Giants (2-0)
Circle Week 6 on your calendar, then pinpoint the Giants-Saints matchup at the Superdome. Why? Because my hunch is we'll be watching 5-0 New York versus 4-0 New Orleans in an early-season showdown for NFC supremacy. All that stands in the way of the Giants reaching that game undefeated are trips to Tampa Bay and Kansas City the next two weeks, followed by a home game against Oakland. See? Like I said, 5-0. </td> </tr> </tbody></table>
This

And they talk about our easy schedule... Hopefully the Giants look beyond one of these and fail

I'm not sold on the Giants. To be honest, I'm more worried about Ryan and the Jets defense. Remember Drew Brees' performance against the Ravens a few years back? Might have been one of his worst games as a Saint.

KP, this is the NFL. You cannot take any game lightly or you will be sent home early.

You know, you are right. We fans can do what we want. But, if you desire to have serious conversation about what is probable, then you may want to be grounded and base what you say on something sound (facts, serious opinion etc).

But you know what, Sunday mornings are Sunday mornings...the fan becomes whole (FANATIC)!!!
I agree with what you said in the second quote. But the first quote is making it sound like by KP taking the game lightly it would somehow effect the team.

Hmmm is it Sunday yet? lol

Maybe Inside the HBO will give us some screen time to get me through the rest of the week. :hihi:

Fair reasoning for the top spot.

I want to make a commentary too. Soo many posts talking about the Bills, how good or not, the Saints, how good or not. Very familiar to last week considering Philly's D.
They were considered a real test. Well, now it appears it wasn't. Now the Bills are a real test. For some reason...maybe I haven't paid much attention, but they don't scare me.

But from what I'm reading...it's another "REAL" test. So not that I'm expecting it, as I certainly wasn't expecting what happened last game to happen. But if we win this coming game way, say, in a "convincing" way. Are we finally legit? lol

I guess not with the Jets coming to town. A continuous cycle I suppose.

God I love football season. Go Saints!

Now that my commentary has ended hawkeye. Thanksf or posting this. I usually don't make time to go look up the ranks and I depend on people pointing them out to me like this...soo.....Thanks!

"Don't eat the cheese, James."

- Sean Payton

I don't think we want to get to complacent. We must treat the next game like it's the next biggest test. This is a long season, and anything can happen.

I am doing my best to stay humble right now. :hihi:

I agree with what you said in the second quote. But the first quote is making it sound like by KP taking the game lightly it would somehow effect the team.

:hihi:

I used "you" the same way k_p used "we" in the post that you referenced:

Originally Posted by james_k_p
Fair reasoning for the top spot.

I want to make a commentary too. Soo many posts talking about the Bills, how good or not, the Saints, how good or not. Very familiar to last week considering Philly's D.
They were considered a real test. Well, now it appears it wasn't. Now the Bills are a real test. For some reason...maybe I haven't paid much attention, but they don't scare me.

But from what I'm reading...it's another "REAL" test. So not that I'm expecting it, as I certainly wasn't expecting what happened last game to happen. But if we win this coming game way, say, in a "convincing" way. Are we finally legit? lol

I guess not with the Jets coming to town. A continuous cycle I suppose.

God I love football season. Go Saints!

Now that my commentary has ended hawkeye. Thanksf or posting this. I usually don't make time to go look up the ranks and I depend on people pointing them out to me like this...soo.....Thanks!

We are all living vicariously through the team...so forgive the you/we/us aspect of the posts.

LOL There's a reason I didn't make a new thread for my commentary...people would take it too seriously lol.

I'm not eating the cheese. I don't think we are the best NFL team. I have NO IDEA of what the Saints are yet. I hope we are the best.

I was just expressing that my overall impression I got from media, here, everywhere.
But to be honest...I don't read into stats, media opinions, or some of you football geniuses here. I go strictly on gut.

My gut says this Bills team is not as good as the Eagles. So does that mean we win? Nope. But with that said, my gut is usually right...and I think we'll win, convincingly.

I think if we lose, it would be because of a complete collapse of our D. We may give up big plays, maybe a few, but I don't think they'd have the kind of complete collapse that would allow the Bills to put 30 up on us. I think we will score over 30. We'll win, trust the gut. lol

Anyways, Woot!

Last edited:
Saints-Giants should be a really interesting matchup.

It would seem the reputation of the Giants' D matches with the reputation of our O.
Also, I hold the same level of respect for their O as I hold for our D.

It will be interesting to see how these perceptions change leading up to the Giants game.

The Jets jumping from 13 to 4 is crap, the Steelers falling to 8 behind the Falcons is crap, and ever having the Patriots in the number 1 spot at all shows this guy doesn't know what the F he's talking about.

I'm not sold on the Giants. To be honest, I'm more worried about Ryan and the Jets defense. Remember Drew Brees' performance against the Ravens a few years back? Might have been one of his worst games as a Saint.

If I remember correctly, we got down early and were forced to play catch up, which means lots of passing and lots of pressure. What's different now is that our defense may be able to stop the other team from getting up on us by 2 TD's while Drew and the boys figure out the opposing defensive schemes. If we can hang for a quarter or two while the offense settles in, I'd imagine we'd win.

The Jets jumping from 13 to 4 is crap, the Steelers falling to 8 behind the Falcons is crap, and ever having the Patriots in the number 1 spot at all shows this guy doesn't know what the F he's talking about.

The Falcons are 2-0.

The Steelers barely won at home in OT against the 0-2 Titans and just lost to the Bears.

How is that unfair?

That game wasn't just about their defense.

Steve McNair came out and had what seemed like his best game ever. The Ravens had a huge lead at halftime and we were forced to play major catchup. The Jet's D is good, but it's unlikely they'll score at will on us like the Ravens did that day.

Just dont overlook the Bills game!!! Media praise scares me.

The only way to not get media praise is to lose. We'd better learn to play when the media is stroking our ego or this team will never go anywhere.

If I remember correctly, we got down early and were forced to play catch up, which means lots of passing and lots of pressure. What's different now is that our defense may be able to stop the other team from getting up on us by 2 TD's while Drew and the boys figure out the opposing defensive schemes. If we can hang for a quarter or two while the offense settles in, I'd imagine we'd win.

Excellent post; I agree.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom