Donald Trump Admits He Needs to Lose '15 to 20 Pounds' After Lab Results Show He's Overweight (1 Viewer)

Domefan504

SR is my life!
Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-admits-needs-lose-181559739.html

Dr. Oz told 70-year-old Trump, "You're 6'3", 236 lbs. as I mentioned. Now, in my mind, I'm thinking your body surface area and your BMI is high. It's probably close to 30, which is sort of the barrier for most people. Do your doctors or your family ever give you a hard time about your weight?"

"Yeah, I think I could lose a little weight," Trump admitted. "I've always been a little bit this way. I think that if I had one thing, I'd like to lose weight. It's tough because of the way I live. But the one thing I would like to do is be able to drop 15 to 20 pounds. It would be good."
He also said he likes to eat fast food because "at least you know what they're putting in it."
Trump's doctor say his health is good blah, blah, blah but acknowledged he does take cholesterol pills. And you though Chris Christie was bad?

Soundwave

Terribly Vexed
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In his defense (can't believe I just said that) all lab results always say you are overweight. According to them, 140 is overweight for me.

rob22278

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What was the point of this thread? Specifically, the pictures? Oh no, Trump is eating pizza, that means I can never eat pizza again because if Trump is doing it, it must be bad.

JimEverett

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
When trump seizes up like a log and falls down people might care about his health.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Christie was way worse. Not even same ball park.

I already posted the health information in the main Trump thread. It's of interest, because it goes on about transparency of both candidates, and most of Trump's health information was pretty light or silly.

OP
Domefan504

Domefan504

SR is my life!
Reaction score
What was the point of this thread? Specifically, the pictures? Oh no, Trump is eating pizza, that means I can never eat pizza again because if Trump is doing it, it must be bad.
Read the article. Anyway why are we attacking Hillary's health now if Trump is taking pills to control his cholesterol?

On that note who eats pizza backwards and with a fork and knife?

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain statins are one of the top prescribed sets of drugs in America. There's actually a lot of debate over whether they are at all effective though. Presumably by lowering cholesterol they lower the rate of more serious heart problems like heart attacks, but some evidence suggests it just lowers the sign of problems (cholesterol off) without actually reducing the chances of the problems high cholesterol might indicate. Some think "high" cholesterol might actually be normal and good for folks that don't have other arterial issues that combine with it. So treating the other issues directly or only prescribing to those with the other issues would be the way to go. Obviously, a huge financial interest from Pharma in keeping those Lipitor ads on TV and keeping the prescriptions rolling. The info is decades old and from reputable places, not vaxxers and such. Just too much of a hurdle to overcome the marketing machine.

Statin Therapy May Be Overprescribed in Healthy People Without Evidence of Diseased Arteries, New Study Shows - 11/17/2010

SystemShock

uh yu ka t'ann
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Lab results shows someone's overweight? That's a new one.

If Trump is really 6'3", he has to be at least 250.

OP
Domefan504

Domefan504

SR is my life!
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain statins are one of the top prescribed sets of drugs in America. There's actually a lot of debate over whether they are at all effective though. Presumably by lowering cholesterol they lower the rate of more serious heart problems like heart attacks, but some evidence suggests it just lowers the sign of problems (cholesterol off) without actually reducing the chances of the problems high cholesterol might indicate. Some think "high" cholesterol might actually be normal and good for folks that don't have other arterial issues that combine with it. So treating the other issues directly or only prescribing to those with the other issues would be the way to go. Obviously, a huge financial interest from Pharma in keeping those Lipitor ads on TV and keeping the prescriptions rolling. The info is decades old and from reputable places, not vaxxers and such. Just too much of a hurdle to overcome the marketing machine.

Statin Therapy May Be Overprescribed in Healthy People Without Evidence of Diseased Arteries, New Study Shows - 11/17/2010
In other words don't get dependent on it? Alot of these medicines are not good for the liver.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Actually, it's bad for the liver in a seriously low percentage of the population, but it's serious when it does interact. There's no "as such" thing about them that harms all livers. It's why prescribing doctors always have patients take a blood test a few times within first year. I've heard of bad doctors bilking that for lifetime every 6 month test fees, but basically if your genetics don't lead you to interact at the start, you never will have a liver issue.

OP
Domefan504

Domefan504

SR is my life!
Reaction score
That's called a Pizza Hut commercial.
That is not good pizza. Christ that is worse than his steaks at the Sharper Image.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LyONt_ZH_aw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom