Donovan McNabb's Top 10 Quarterbacks (1 Viewer)

In all honesty, Brees, Brady, P.Manning, and Rodgers should be 1a,1b,1c, and 1d. They are that close in skill set and if you swap them between teams, they will all probably perform just as well.

I honetly dont know where all this Peyton Manning idolization comes from. Brett Farve owns a slew of nfl records but i dont think anyone has him in their top qb's of all time or of today if he was still playing. P.M. is the biggest big game choke artist i have witnessed in sports of my generation outside of A-Rod. The man is one and done in the post season more than any other qb in nfl postseason history. If elite status is measured on post season greatness, than how is losing on the first try in the postseason more than any one else in history Elite??? He is the only qb in nfl to play on a team with three 1k yard receivers and a 15k rusher on the same team that year the great P.M. put 3points on the scoreboard in afc championship game they lost in the snow at New England. 3 points with three 1k yard receivers and a 15k rb on your team in a game that would put you in a sb??? Infact w/o even looking it up i bet that 3 point total is probaly the lowest point total in a afc cjampionship game in atleast the last 15-20 yrs. Now he is probably the greatest regular season qb ever along with brady but P.M. is not someone i want qbing my team during a post season run. I think there are only three elite Qb's in the Nfl right Now. Brady, Rothlisberger and Eli. In the past 12 years has combined for 10 sb appearances, and 7 chip rings. Manning, brees and rodgers combine for 4sb appearances, 3 rings in that same stretch. Brees beat manning for his ring but 0 road playoff wins in 3 tries doesnt put you in elite status. Manning beat Rex Grossman for his only ring and rodgers has made tge post season 4 times and he was 1&done 3times. Not elite at all.

I honetly dont know where all this Peyton Manning idolization comes from. Brett Farve owns a slew of nfl records but i dont think anyone has him in their top qb's of all time or of today if he was still playing. P.M. is the biggest big game choke artist i have witnessed in sports of my generation outside of A-Rod. The man is one and done in the post season more than any other qb in nfl postseason history. If elite status is measured on post season greatness, than how is losing on the first try in the postseason more than any one else in history Elite??? He is the only qb in nfl to play on a team with three 1k yard receivers and a 15k rusher on the same team that year the great P.M. put 3points on the scoreboard in afc championship game they lost in the snow at New England. 3 points with three 1k yard receivers and a 15k rb on your team in a game that would put you in a sb??? Infact w/o even looking it up i bet that 3 point total is probaly the lowest point total in a afc cjampionship game in atleast the last 15-20 yrs. Now he is probably the greatest regular season qb ever along with brady but P.M. is not someone i want qbing my team during a post season run. I think there are only three elite Qb's in the Nfl right Now. Brady, Rothlisberger and Eli. In the past 12 years has combined for 10 sb appearances, and 7 chip rings. Manning, brees and rodgers combine for 4sb appearances, 3 rings in that same stretch. Brees beat manning for his ring but 0 road playoff wins in 3 tries doesnt put you in elite status. Manning beat Rex Grossman for his only ring and rodgers has made tge post season 4 times and he was 1&done 3times. Not elite at all.

With out a doubt Peyton is elite. No ifs, what, buts about it. He is great, and has proved it. He has a ring, and another super bowl appearance to prove it.

Now I do agree with you on Manning being overrated. People make him out to be the best of all time. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. With out a doubt he is a top 10 all time maybe even top 5. He has the numbers to prove it. The pro bowls to prove it. The Ring. Yeah he has choked on many occasions when it mattered most, but again he is not superman. I do not know who is the best of all time in your books, but the usual answer is Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Johny U, e.t.c.. Peyton Manning may have had those two 1k receivers, and James as his running back but overall his team teams were not that great. Why I say that? I will sing the same song about the 2008 Patriots. When Brady left The Pats were not the same, but they still had an 11-5 season. When P Manning left the Colts they collapsed.

When Joe Montana got injured Steve Young took over and eventually won a ring himself. Now by no means am I saying these quarterbacks are not all time greats, because they most certainly are, but imagine if Peyton Manning was a Patriot? Those years Brady spent there? Peyton Manning makes things happen. He is an all time great! I do not think he is the best all time, but he is up there next to the other runner ups.

Yeah, this list is full of ignornace!

RG3 and Kapernick dont belong that high.

My list is:

1. Brees(duh)
2. Brady
3. P. Manning
4. Aaron Rogers
5. Eli Manning
6. Matty Iceberg
7. Big Ben(when healthy)
8. Flacco
9. Rivers
10. RG3
11. Kapernick
12. Luck
13. Shaub
14. Russel Wilson
15. Cam Newton

Maybe a decent list.
I might flip a few around in your 9-14 range, but overall not a bad list.

I'd take Wilson, Luck, or RGIII over Big Ben or Schaub. Idk how you can call Schaub a top 10 quarterback when he has the 2nd best RB in the league (Arian Foster), one of the best receivers (Andre Johnson), one of the best tight ends (Owen Daniels) and a top 10 defense and he can't even make it to the conference championship. He is what keeps the Texans from reaching their potential.

I'd take Wilson, Luck, or RGIII over Big Ben or Schaub. Idk how you can call Schaub a top 10 quarterback when he has the 2nd best RB in the league (Arian Foster), one of the best receivers (Andre Johnson), one of the best tight ends (Owen Daniels) and a top 10 defense and he can't even make it to the conference championship. He is what keeps the Texans from reaching their potential.
I agree with you about Shaub, but I'd take Ben over the three rookies, at least for another year or two.

With out a doubt Peyton is elite. No ifs, what, buts about it. He is great, and has proved it. He has a ring, and another super bowl appearance to prove it.

Now I do agree with you on Manning being overrated. People make him out to be the best of all time. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion. With out a doubt he is a top 10 all time maybe even top 5. He has the numbers to prove it. The pro bowls to prove it. The Ring. Yeah he has choked on many occasions when it mattered most, but again he is not superman. I do not know who is the best of all time in your books, but the usual answer is Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Johny U, e.t.c.. Peyton Manning may have had those two 1k receivers, and James as his running back but overall his team teams were not that great. Why I say that? I will sing the same song about the 2008 Patriots. When Brady left The Pats were not the same, but they still had an 11-5 season. When P Manning left the Colts they collapsed.

When Joe Montana got injured Steve Young took over and eventually won a ring himself. Now by no means am I saying these quarterbacks are not all time greats, because they most certainly are, but imagine if Peyton Manning was a Patriot? Those years Brady spent there? Peyton Manning makes things happen. He is an all time great! I do not think he is the best all time, but he is up there next to the other runner ups.

I agree he is great but elite and great are different in distinction. I never said he wasnt great but elite in my opinion he is not because if i had to chose a starting qb in the NFL tiday to lead my team on a wildcard to superbowl run P.M. is not one of my top five choices. I think if you put McNabb on those colts team he may have atleast 2 rings.

I agree pretty much except I would have Brees at #2 and Rogers at #3. Brees is second only to Brady and that is even debatable, Rings is the reason he edges Brees.

Not a bad list from McNabb. I don't like the last statement the girl made about Flacco being elite. Flacco may be top 5 in his list, but that doesn't necessarily make him elite. I think there's a significant drop off after the top 4 (Brees, Brady, Rodgers, P Manning). I'm not saying Flacco is a bad quarterback, just that the top 4 are very special.

I agree but putting rookies on the top 10 so soon is not a good idea. Last year people started getting all wet when Cam Newton blew up, and would try to put his name next to the NFLs greats, and then look at this season. So that is why no rookie should be there in till they prove themselves over a length of time.

I agree he is great but elite and great are different in distinction. I never said he wasnt great but elite in my opinion he is not because if i had to chose a starting qb in the NFL tiday to lead my team on a wildcard to superbowl run P.M. is not one of my top five choices. I think if you put McNabb on those colts team he may have atleast 2 rings.

Mcknab 2 rings? :spit:... Mcknabb had a great team around him those years bud he could have done it plenty of times. Manning has a ring. He has some years left in him dude. How is he not elite? Explain? You say one and done alot? He has 2 super bowl appearances dude. There are great QB's from the past people call all time greats without rings. Were talking about a guy that will probably own all passing records by the time he retires, or if not then number 2 next to Favre(Unless Brees keeps throwing them 5000 yard seasons which I know he will).

I'll tell you something, but before I do let me ask you this. Do you think Our Brees is Elite?

I am ok with his list. Only because the most acceptable #1 besides Drew is the beautiful Tom Brady

images

"Gorgeous wife, gorgeous kids, gorgeous man"

Football is a team sport. When it comes to the playoffs a great QB/offense isn't enough.

I agree but putting rookies on the top 10 so soon is not a good idea. Last year people started getting all wet when Cam Newton blew up, and would try to put his name next to the NFLs greats, and then look at this season. So that is why no rookie should be there in till they prove themselves over a length of time.

I agree with you but I think there was a big difference in what we saw from Luck, Wilson and Kaepernick than what Newton did. Not to take anything away from Griffin. He seems to have the ability to win with arm also. I just think he's too fast to take off and do it with his feet. And as much as I dislike the guy I think Newton is going to be a pain in the *** especially if they get him some more help.

There was a lot of discussion at one time about where the new blood was going come from in the QB ranks. I guess we got our answer. I think Andy Dalton is going to around for a long time too.

Has there been a label more overused in football the last few years then "elite"? It's all subjective after the top 3-4 but after number 5, it's normally the flavor of the month. I get it that it's for debate but any list with Romo on it, I just can't take seriously

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom