Don't Ask This Senator a Question (video included) (1 Viewer)

The heckler in question is a Marine Corps veteran.

He's also a well-known blogger on the far-Left DailyKos website and he went in there with the intent of causing an incident.

I didn't watch the video, but did he really ask if the Senator had spit on his first wife? I'm shocked he got taken down. :rolleyes: Reminds me of that guy that went up to one of the original astronauts and called him a liar and got popped in the mouth.

The senator was surrounded by security people and the guy kept trying to push through the security people after he was told not to.

He kept shouting about the spitting accusation, something which was contained in allegations made in the senator's wife's divorce petition.

Like I said, this guy went in there with the intent of causing an incident. It's all hype. The guy has done this stuff before. He describes what he does as "guerilla tactics."

Stark is now the darling and hero of the left-wing blogosphere.

Meanwhile on George Allen's website, a quote from Stark:

“Recently I’ve been thinking about how to put these “guerrilla tactics” to use where it matters: winning elections.”

Democratic activist uses “guerrilla tactics” and verbally attacks Senator Allen

Today in Charlottesville, Mike Stark, a Democratic activist and Webb supporter with a history of aggressively harassing Senator Allen and pulling stunts for media attention, crashed a campaign event, tried to push his way into a crowd and then engaged in a struggle with the people who he had been forcing his way past.

READ MORE
http://www.allenhq.com/2006/10/31/d...a-tactics-and-verbally-attacks-senator-allen/

He may have gone in to cause an incident but the Senator has some serious anger management problems. Look at his history with his own siblings.

Also, the Senator may in fact have spit on his first wife.

He may have gone in to cause an incident but the Senator has some serious anger management problems. Look at his history with his own siblings.

Also, the Senator may in fact have spit on his first wife.

So this tactic is okay? As long as I repeat someone else's allegations, I can go up to candidates, push my way through his security and yell "questions" like this. So much for the exchange of ideas in campaigns.

As for your last sentence, since you used the word "may", could it also read that the "Senator may not have, in fact, spit on his first wife." :dunno:

So this tactic is okay? As long as I repeat someone else's allegations, I can go up to candidates, push my way through his security and yell "questions" like this. So much for the exchange of ideas in campaigns.

As for your last sentence, since you used the word "may", could it also read that the "Senator may not have, in fact, spit on his first wife." :dunno:

Look at the video. I saw no pushing by this guy. I did see the staffer put him in a headlock and thrown him into a window. This is totally unacceptable and not something I would tolerate. If the staffer had been stupid enough to put his hands on me, he would have found himself going through the plate glass window.

This sounds like something straight out of "Confederacy of Dunces."

Stark's hubris knows no bounds:

New Thread
373 Comments Published by Mike Stark October 30th, 2006 in Uncategorized

OK - somebody just asked for something new. Fair enough.

I’ve been incredibly busy. Right now I’m working on two more campaign ads (you may have seen the first one - if not, here it is).

I’m also trying to “Roger and Me” George Allen whenever I can. And all of this is on top of a full 1L schedule at UVa…

So yeah… I miss doing this stuff - it seemed that at least once a month, something would happen that really got the adrenaline flowing… I miss those tasty morsels of victory.

But hell… hopefully we’re about to get the main course. Get out and vote Tuesday. Bring ten friends.

And after we’ve taken the Congress back… hold our leaders accountable.

And do me a favor… Listen to Rush and Hannity and O’Reilly on Wends. Gloat a little for me… Enjoy their anguish. I sure as hell will.

READ MORE - Includes over 300 congratulatory remarks - Stark has a fan base.
http://www.callingallwingnuts.com/2006/10/30/new-thread/#comments

Jay, the guy is a media hog who has a history of showing up at Allen's events to harass, heckle and distrupt. Then, he goes and posts it on his blog and at DailyKos, bragging about his exploits.

He consders himself to be a political guerilla.

Look at the video. I saw no pushing by this guy. I did see the staffer put him in a headlock and thrown him into a window. This is totally unacceptable and not something I would tolerate. If the staffer had been stupid enough to put his hands on me, he would have found himself going through the plate glass window.

Look at the video? Look at the guy's own comments. He went there to cause trouble. He deliberately went there to cause a scene. He admits it. Is that conduct okay? I say no. He wasn't there to discuss issues. God forbid we should do that in elections. No instead we will hurl insults, throw pies in someone's face, or perhaps storm a stage were someone is giving a speech.

We are rapidly approaching the point of "anything goes" in elections. I for one would rather see a campaign be about ideas rather than "guerilla tactics" in which you provoke confrontation.

I would add that on that link on the top banner are pictures of some of their reporters. The third lady from the right is teh hot.:D

>>Look at the video? Look at the guy's own comments. He went there to cause trouble. He deliberately went there to cause a scene. He admits it. Is that conduct okay? I say no.

I disagree. I'm not condoning what the guy did, but why not try to do what you can if you're not breaking the law? I remember going to the Dukakis rally at UNO about a week before the election and these weenies (aka Dorky College Republicans) were doing all these uber-gay frat-style chants. Because of the overflow crowd, they put speakers outside and you could only hear if other obnoxious morons weren't interfering with you. So I walked over to them with my boy "Rock" and we started screaming in the middle of their chants. My 1 "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" > 6 or 7 of them and they retreated. I'm sure they didn't want to tangle with Rock either, but so what? They were there to disrupt things, and that was their right to do so. I summarily shouted them down so I could hear the speech which was my right. They lost, I won. Of course no one took to fistfighting or defending lack of manhood or whatever. But that's when it gets ugly (apparently as it did in this situation as I haven't watched the video nor trolled the wingnut blogs for information or self-congratulations).

Which brings me to another point, one can be pretty into politics and pretty not into spin (no matter who's doing the spinning). :shrug:

TPS

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom