Don't Be Fooled - The 49er's Aren't Pushovers! (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I've read several posts here this evening that are discounting the 49er's as a bad team, and a game that we will win easily next week...

That simply isn't true, and in no way, should anyone think this game is going to be a cakewalk as it may have seemed 5 weeks ago when the 49er's were 2-5.

Truth be told, the Rams had to come from behind today with 29 seconds left in the game to beat Frisco - and that was in the Ram's house.

The 49er's could easily be 6-5 right now, instead of 5-6, and their winning streak would be at 4 game coming in next week.

During their 3 game winning streak leading up to today's game with the Rams, one win was against a pretty good Seattle group... To think that they will be pushovers (as some on this forum have posted today) is a big mistake.

This is a very winnable game for us, as long was we have the same type of turnover free game like today. If we revert back to the things that beat us in other games (I don't think we will), it could be a long day next Sunday.

Bottomline: Frisco won't be easy.

I know that, I am sure Coach knows that. It is life in the NFL, any team on any Sunday.

I don't think that after our losing 3 of the last 5 games that we will overlook the 9ers.

I've read several posts here this evening that are discounting the 49er's as a bad team, and a game that we will win easily next week...

That simply isn't true, and in no way, should anyone think this game is going to be a cakewalk as it may have seemed 5 weeks ago when the 49er's were 2-5.

Truth be told, the Rams had to come from behind today with 29 seconds left in the game to beat Frisco - and that was in the Ram's house.

The 49er's could easily be 6-5 right now, instead of 5-6, and their winning streak would be at 4 game coming in next week.

During their 3 game winning streak leading up to today's game with the Rams, one win was against a pretty good Seattle group... To think that they will be pushovers (as some on this forum have posted today) is a big mistake.

This is a very winnable game for us, as long was we have the same type of turnover free game like today. If we revert back to the things that beat us in other games (I don't think we will), it could be a long day next Sunday.

Bottomline: Frisco won't be easy.

It won't be easy at all, but don't forget Seattle was without Alexander and Hasslebeck. That's not the same team.

If we take care of the ball, we win by at least 14.

I agree.

We better be ready for a big dose of Frank Gore.

But it's time we get a win in the Superdome again!

i am interested to see how we handle frank gore. the guy has been on fire on a pretty one dimensional team.

The 49ers are a good team. Its as simple as that. They'll be in the playoffs next year. Take it to the bank.

we need to play a clean game next week also, protect the ball and execute.

also we need to contain Gore big time, to shut down their O.

They have the ability to play good but this is why I am not worried about the niners.

At Oakland they lost 23-7
At Dallas they lost 17-7
At Arizona they lost 34-27
At Kansas City they lost 41-0
At Chicago they lost 41-10
At Detroit they win 19-13
At St louis they lose 20-17

They may be an up and coming team but they don't play good on the road. Add that with the long trip to New Orleans, a loud dome and a crushing loss to a divisional team that had lost 5 in a row and they don't worry me.

I know that, I am sure Coach knows that. It is life in the NFL, any team on any Sunday.

Yea, Coach Payton definitely knows that, but you would think, after reading some of the posts here this evening about Frisco, that some of us still think we're playing the week seven 49er's...

Just don't want to see us getting "over confident" again about a preceived weaker opponent.

They have the ability to play good but this is why I am not worried about the niners.

At Oakland they lost 23-7
At Dallas they lost 17-7
At Arizona they lost 34-27
At Kansas City they lost 41-0
At Chicago they lost 41-10
At Detroit they win 19-13
At St louis they lose 20-17

They may be an up and coming team but they don't play good on the road. Add that with the long trip to New Orleans, a loud dome and a crushing loss to a divisional team that had lost 5 in a row and they don't worry me.

The reality is, the 49er's are 3-1 in their last 4 games, and they could easily be 4-0, save a last minute TD by the Rams today. We are 2-2 in our last 4 games.

Don't get me wrong: I expect us to beat the 49er's. I just don't think it will be "a walk in the park" like some do. Gore has had four, 100 yard games in the past 5 weeks, with a 21 for 134 yard effort today.

Like I said, to think it will be easy isn't realistic.

Yea, Coach Payton definitely knows that, but you would think, after reading some of the posts here this evening about Frisco, that some of us still think we're playing the week seven 49er's...

Just don't want to see us getting "over confident" again about a preceived weaker opponent.

Me too......I'm having a hard time forgetting that the Ravens were "supposed" to be on the skids after firing their OC, the Steelers were a complete disaster turning the ball over regularly, Cincy was a Jekyll and Hyde team who'd been mostly Hyde their last few games. If the Saints take the Niners lightly.....Gore could put up huge numbers and the passing D could make Alex Smith look All World.......

Nobody here believes for a minute that there are any easy games in the NFL. that said, Frisco is showing some signs that they are improving every week. I take them very seriously.

Anybody know how SF stands on injuries after today?

Encouraging stats from NFL.com shows the Niners among the bottom five on 3rd down efficiency, on both sides of the ball:

offense: 33.3%
defense: 45.5%

Also, their 15 first downs per game is near the bottom while they give up just under 20 per game.

No game is easy in the NFL. That said, we shut down Gore and play mistake free ball, we should beat them by at least 17.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom