Don't be surprised if Jameis never looks back from here (1 Viewer)

Even if Winston lights it up Mahommes style, there is not a chance in he🏒🏒 that Drew is not the starter again once healthy enough to go.

If Winston goes on a tear and has more than a few great games, this could very well turn into a Smith to Kaepernick-esque situation where Drew loses the starting job. Go look at Alex Smith's stats in 2012 before he got injured, very similar to Brees.

You have to roll with the hot hand in this sport. If Winston is playing at a Mahomes level, you keep going with it. Pulling a hot Winston out for Brees would be like watching Kamara go for a 80 yard TD run and then putting Dwayne Washington in for the rest of the game.

Personally, I see his upside to be closer to Fig Newton. He could have a good game here or there but man the bad games are devastating.
Cam and Jameis have completely different playing styles bro. I love making the comparison of Jameis and Matthew Stafford a lot because of there similar styles of play right now in his career. Jamies being 26 in a new system under a all time great head coach i honestly don't know what his ceiling is because the guy is so immensely talented.

If Winston goes on a tear and has more than a few great games, this could very well turn into a Smith to Kaepernick-esque situation where Drew loses the starting job. Go look at Alex Smith's stats in 2012 before he got injured, very similar to Brees.

You have to roll with the hot hand in this sport. If Winston is playing at a Mahomes level, you keep going with it. Pulling a hot Winston out for Brees would be like watching Kamara go for a 80 yard TD run and then putting Dwayne Washington in for the rest of the game.
Though I am not necessarily sure that I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment of this post, you at least had my interest up until you compared Drew freaking Brees to Alex Smith and (shudder) Dwayne Washington. By the way, we substitute Kamara sometimes with Latavius Murray.

I love Drew. Wish Him all the best in recovery. Greatest of all time in my book.

That being said , Jameis is no NO.2 Quarterback.

No.1 overall.
Prolific Passer ( For better or For Worse )
Mobile
Amazing Arm Talent

Behind the best offensive Line in the NFL
Featuring the best Receiver in the NFL
Featuring the best Running back in the NFL.
Playing for the best Coach in the NFL.

SP took a broken Drew Brees and created the GOAT.

SP found a lowly Tony Romo and created a HOF career.

Now you're giving SP a former NO.1 overall pick who honestly is the most physically talented QB he's ever had , with the best Team SP has ever had.

Expect sparks. Expect a different Jameis. Expect Greatness.

There is quite the possibility Jameis goes Patrick Mahomes in our offense.

You and I have a different understanding of amazing arm talent. I would say he has a strong arm, but his accuracy isn't amazing.

Personally, I see his upside to be closer to Fig Newton. He could have a good game here or there but man the bad games are devastating.

Jameis and Cam Newton are nothing alike, as evident moreso this season. Cam has to run a lot for Carolina’s and New England’s offense to move the chains. That can be partially because NE has no starting caliber receivers so they rely on Cam’s rushing ability more. But Cam is a run-balanced QB, while Jameis is a traditional pocket passer, who’s athletic enough to occasionally run every now and then.

Jameis only had Mike Evans to throw to for most of his career in TB, until Chris Godwin emerged last year. Mike Evans and Godwin both developed into Pro Bowl WRs with Winston. Jameis still looked like a very good QB from 2015-2018, before Arians arrived and made him look like damaged goods last season. There’s really no cap to put on Jameis’ potential since he’s never consistently had a great offensive mind to coach him up like Payton for an entire season or longer ever in his career. No consistent coaching for him at the pro level.

At times, Cam and Jameis do look similar when their throws are forced into coverage or off target. But there’s different reasons imo; Cam’s mechanics has always produce sporadic throwing his entire career while Jameis has flashes of accurate precise throwing and gets thrown off by nervousness. That doesn’t make their potential the same. Cam is pretty much maxed out at this point and is who he is, running QB who could still be a good passer in the right offense but need weapons around him.

Last edited:
Mahones is a completely different QB than Winston. Mahones uses his mobility frequently. Winston is not particularly mobile. Drew used to be mobile, but today he knows how to maneuver around the pocket better than any QB, which makes him seem mobile. Winston’s success will have to come from arm talent and strength like Rothlesberger.

Alex Smith is no Drew Brees. Many players may lose their job to injury, Drew Brees is not one of them after what he has done for this franchise and city. No matter what JW does, the reigns will be turned back over to Drew until Drew decides he is done.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom