Don't Be Surprised....... (1 Viewer)

Giving up a future 1st round pick, of which you have no idea what it'll be worth next year is dumb, no matter how you slice it. I hope we don't do something like that.

Learn from other teams mistakes. In the 2007 draft, the Patriots traded the 28th selection in the draft to the 49ers who selected OT Joe Staley.

Did that one player that many teams passed on really make a difference? No, the team sucked and had no offense, not to blame it all on Joe Staley.

Do you think that the 49ers would trade Joe Staley for the #7 pick in this years draft? You bet the house they would.

Thats the problem with Americans, we like to get stuff now and not wait.

I'd like to see us trade down in this draft. I know the Cowgirls are a good target, but I seriously doubt McFadden will drop that low. I think our next best option will be to move back ~5-10 places and try and pick up an extra 3rd rounder. I'd like to see us go fishing for some stud DT's with our 2nd and 4th or 3rd and 5th.

I think you only trade back into the first if the draft is not deep in talent. Since it is deep, and our needs are defensive you would assume a second round pick would be quality.

If on draft day, the Saints make a trade back into the 1st round by using 2009's first round pick.

This draft is loaded with defensive talent, and we are set to fix all of our defensive problems.

If the we can get two potential defensive starters in this draft, I wouldnt be opposed to it. You never know which prospects will be there in 2009, so I would be up for a move like this, b/c the 2008 defensive clas is phenomenal.

The only reason I would approve is because I think we could completely upgrade our defense with this draft.

Thoughts.

LINK!!!!...."dont be surprised"....so you must know something......I think some of us fall inlove with guys to much when it comes to the draft, every year someone is on here talking about giving up later picks for a guy they really want....were in a position to have a good defensive player fall in our lap, whether its DT, CB or LB we can sit at ten and fill a major need.

I think we keep the pick at #10.

There is too much talent to pass up at that spot. The only way we get out of that pick is if someone offers us a sweet deal.

I don't like the idea of trading down b/c you never know whats going on in the opponents draft room.

If the guy we want is there at 10, take him. Why risk losing him if he (whoever that guy may be), is the guy you want.

Because if the player you want is not worth Top 10 money, then you don't want to overpay by drafting him at No.10. These guys have a pretty good idea what other teams are looking for and who they are looking at. Despite all the smokescreens, I don't think things are as secretive as everyone makes them out to be.

I found this on a mock site, This is very hard to believe

http://www.draftking.com/nfl/2008/mockdraft.shtml

Wow, talk about dreaming. Dorsey at #10 and Ellis at #12? Can you imagine if both Dorsey and Ellis are available when we pick at #10? In his scenario, Flynn, Clady, and Brohm all move into the top 10, pushing Dorsey, Ellis, and Gholston down the list, with the Bungles picking Gholston. I can't even begin to see that scenario happening, but wouldn't we be in like Flynn?

If either one is still around by pick #10, I'll be ecstatic. Our only hope of the one left (if there is one left) getting by the Bungles is if Gholston is also still on the board and they elect to go DE instead of DT. That's believable, but again IMHO, it's hard to Gholston and Dorsey or Ellis being overlooked for Brohm, Clady, and Ryan.

LINK!!!!...."dont be surprised"....so you must know something......I think some of us fall inlove with guys to much when it comes to the draft, every year someone is on here talking about giving up later picks for a guy they really want....were in a position to have a good defensive player fall in our lap, whether its DT, CB or LB we can sit at ten and fill a major need.

Link??? For my opinion........... Wow!!!!

The sky truly is falling!!!!

Your post leads me to believe you didn't read the thread.

NO don't trade next years 1st rounder, they will be guys in that draft that could come in and start next year also both of USC other linebackers will be in the next years 1st rounder and i hear they both better than Rivers.
Maybe we should go look at a 09 MOCK and see who all is projected in the 09 draft

So NO if anything trade later our later rounds for 09. then we could always trade down in the 1st round of 09 to get thoughs picks back...

http://walterfootball.com/draft2009.php

http://walterfootball.com/draft2009matt.php

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom