Dont believe the "Hard to beat a team 3 times....nonsense" (1 Viewer)

The NFL gets more casual viewers if the story is not “The Saints will probably beat the Bucs pretty badly yet again” even if its the truth

It's literally harder to beat a team twice than it is to beat them three times.

Its always funny why they dont account how hard it is for a team that lost the first two instances to win the third.
especially with a 72 - 26 points differential in those games.

But as mentioned above, its all about the storyline. They need to hype up the game.
For my part, Iam feeling a lot better this game than I did for the Bears game (who we beat in a close game by a FG in OT)

I really didn't want to see the Bucs a third time, but at this point, if the Saints aren't properly motivated and mindful of the situation (win or go home, along with the likely finality of Drew's career), then maybe they don't deserve to be there anyway.

I really didn't want to see the Bucs a third time, but at this point, if the Saints aren't properly motivated and mindful of the situation (win or go home, along with the likely finality of Drew's career), then maybe they don't deserve to be there anyway.

Completely agreed. This team gets way too much love around here for us to have to worry about playing anyone short of the Chiefs. If they're as good as we say they are then this game should merely be a tuneup for GB.

All I know is media darling and NFL lust object Brady will be playing against the Saints. Let’s hope to heck the Saints can jump up quick enough to not give the refs a chance to Rams us at the end of the game.

Yeah, well, I don't think any team has ever beaten Brady twice in one season either, so, whatever.

With numbers like that how did it even become a thing?

These numbers are all since 2000

What were the records from 1980 to 1999?

Was it 75% the other way and that’s why it’s assumed

Also when we win on Sunday will we be the first team to go 3-0 twice?

The media keeps talking about how the Bucs have been "improving" or "playing better" since their bye. They aren't mentioning that their schedule got a LOT easier in that same time frame.

Minnesota (6-7)
ATL (4-10)
Detroit (5-10)
ATL (4-12)

When they started this amazing run, the Bucs were only 7-5. This little gem put them in the playoffs.

We have a far better-than-average chance of pulling the trifecta with the Bucs this year. And it's always good to see Saintshizzle come up for air during a period of winning football! ;)

The media keeps talking about how the Bucs have been "improving" or "playing better" since their bye. They aren't mentioning that their schedule got a LOT easier in that same time frame.

Minnesota (6-7)
ATL (4-10)
Detroit (5-10)
ATL (4-12)

When they started this amazing run, the Bucs were only 7-5. This little gem put them in the playoffs.
Yep these are the Same teams the N.O Manhandled. Detroit only made the game close because the Saints short handed defense started to wear down. With the Falcons those teams would have been obliterated with Brees at the helm.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom