Don't expect miracles from a DC or scheme change (1 Viewer)

off topic...and im being very cryptic here.

However, with the recent reports that the Saints HAVE NOT contacted Crennel @ this point coupled with Sean saying they will take their time.

Does it not sound like we will be looking into the college ranks? Waiting for these recruiting classes to finish up b4 contacting schools about possible fits.

Georgia, Notre Dame, Fresno...all run 3-4 looks. Just a thought.

We don't need a miracle! We just need a defense in the 15-20 range for us to be legit SuperBowl contenders.

I don't care if we don't rank

We need a D thats good in 3-4 areas

Scoring Defense (all 3 of 3g years we gave up under 22ppg)

Turnovers/3rd down success (getting a 3rd down stop is like a turnover so i kind of mesh these together)

Run Defense (so we can get in favorable 3rd n longs)

IF we can go all of these things which all lead to giving the ball back to the Offense very quickly well be ok in the 1st year

2nd year the defense should truly start to shine

3rd year the D should be able to support an aging Drew and the offense.

Thats the vision I have :D

did i mention im excited?

If you think last season was the worst season a fan base has gone through then you must be forgetting 2005.

There is no harm considering the possibility of a miracle, it is possible.

I've been one yelling louder than anyone. I've gotten many red thumbs for wanting Spags fired since mid season.

I'm not sure how you guys are taking negativity from my post unless you just aren't reading it.

Even then, (our 3-13 season dealing with the Hurricane, threats of being moved away, playing in the owner's friends backyard grassy field for home games) we still did not have the worst defense in history, nor the worst for that season.

I expect a good defensive outing next year. It really wont take a miracle to get is in the 14-19 ranking defense area. If the off-season goes right, we can be better than that. The NFL, with FA, and worst team drafting first etc...is all about parity. One day, a team will draft first and go to the Superbowl that upcoming season. Let them have their party...you may be surprised when a lot of it comes to pass.

Meanwhile...

JarvisJonesBobAndres.jpg

I disagree, GW took us to the superbowl the first year, Nolan took the falclowns almost there.

So you are saying don't expect much from the worst defense in NFL hitory? An average defense would have the Saints in the playoffs.

I don't think anyone is expecting a miracle, but hopefully at least a mid range D around 15th or so, and a D that can create some turnovers and a pass rush.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom