Don't forget about Jonathon Vilma... (1 Viewer)

DownWithDisease

Very Banned
Reaction score
-- Vilma Trade Bait? --
Thu Feb 21, 2008 --from FFMastermind.com

The New York Daily News reports Jets LB Jonathan Vilma admits on his Web site that he's in the dark about his future with the Jets. "As for playing in 2008, I have no idea what is in store for me as far as what the Jets are thinking," he writes. Vilma, who has one year remaining on his contract, could be dangled in trade talks, perhaps as soon as this weekend at the scouting combine in Indianapolis.

If he's back healthy, he'd still be a great guy to bring in... With the Saints already looking at guys w/ injury questions (Thomas and Morgan) why not look at Vilma?

Agreed....lets see if we come up in any "speculations" or "rumors"....doubt it though.

this would be my preference over Morgan and Thomas if we insisnt on looking at injured lbs. he is younger....... and blacker.

(/humor off)

If he could pass a physical, yeah, but at this point reports say he can barely walk, much less play. There are also reports that he has some kind of bone disorder in his knees and will always be injury prone. I hope he isn't another Cie Grant, but I wouldn't count on getting him. If he were 100% healthy I'd be all over picking this guy up.

Maybe the Saints are trying to answer the league's problem with disabled medical coverage?

Give'm a conditional 4th that can go up to a 3rd.. hell I'd be willing to let him sit next season if he can come back 100% in '09...

No one from the Saints can comment on him because he is still property of the Jets (tampering)... however, draft day will be an interesting time for Vilma and an ideal time he could be moved.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom