"Don't forget about the Saints" (1 Viewer)

Wahoo

miles away
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'll take the spotlight off the Saints for the rest of the season...let the turds and bears soak in the media hype and glory. The Saints are looking at matching last seasons 13-3 finish and the less pressure, the better, IMHO.

I'll take the spotlight off the Saints for the rest of the season...let the turds and bears soak in the media hype and glory. The Saints are looking at matching last seasons 13-3 finish and the less pressure, the better, IMHO.

i seem to remember the cardinals, vikings and colts getting a lot of hype last year

For those that dont believe teams play the SB champs harder than the rest:

I never played on a Super Bowl team in my career, but I can tell you that we got up to play the champs if they were on the schedule the following season. We practiced harder and we studied longer. Do whatever it takes to get a win against the players with the fresh new rings. That’s how it works and it doesn’t stop there. The rest of the league spends the offseason studying the champs. That’s what you do. Breakdown, analyze and dissect the champ’s tape in the spring. See what they do scheme wise, steal techniques and, of course, find a way to take them down. The two things that every player and coach does in the offseason is watch tape of their divisional opponents and of the Super Bowl champions. That is pretty standard across the NFL.

Not only do teams get up for playing the champs, but as stated here, teams study them all offseason as well. Anyone know of any allready compiled lists of SB champs records the year following ? I'd love to see how we compare, but I'll admit Im just too lazy right now to do the research. :scratch:

For those that dont believe teams play the SB champs harder than the rest:

Not only do teams get up for playing the champs, but as stated here, teams study them all offseason as well. Anyone know of any allready compiled lists of SB champs records the year following ? I'd love to see how we compare, but I'll admit Im just too lazy right now to do the research. :scratch:

2009 superbowl winner starts off 8-3(Saints) in 2010
2008 superbowl winner starts off 6-5(Steelers)in 2009
2007 superbowl winner starts off 10-1(Giants)in 2008
2006 superbowl winner starts off 9-2(Colts) in 2007
2005 superbowl winner starts off 4-7(Steelers)in 2006
2004 superbowl winner starts off 6-5(Patriots)in 2005
2003 superbowl winner starts off 10-1(Patriots)in 2004(repeat)
2002 superbowl winner starts off 5-6(Bucs)in 2003
2001 superbowl winner starts off 6-5(Patriots)in 2002
2000 superbowl winner starts off 7-4(Ravens)in 2001

The problem is consistency.
Both Atlanta and Chicago have been steady and maintained status quo

Whereas the Saints have a higher peak and when they're on their game no one can touch them, they also have a deeper valley when they're off (Ariz & Cleve)

Saints as last year will get the train going again and once moving will destroy those trying to cross the track.

The problem is consistency.
Both Atlanta and Chicago have been steady and maintained status quo

Whereas the Saints have a higher peak and when they're on their game no one can touch them, they also have a deeper valley when they're off (Ariz & Cleve)

I disagree regarding the Bears being steady and consistent. They lost at home to Seattle and Washington, and were completely dominated by the Giants. They are getting the hype now due to winning their past 3 games - primarily from beating the Eagles - the other 2 wins were against a Viking team in free-fall and a Miami team starting their 3rd string QB on a short week.

So fourth best in the 2000's? I'll take that...

I disagree regarding the Bears being steady and consistent. They lost at home to Seattle and Washington, and were completely dominated by the Giants. They are getting the hype now due to winning their past 3 games - primarily from beating the Eagles - the other 2 wins were against a Viking team in free-fall and a Miami team starting their 3rd string QB on a short week.
Not to mention, that the eagles' secondary was depleted last week. Nobody thinks that the eagles are a different team defensively without Samuels?!

Thats an average of 7 wins at this point (excluding this season from the average), which puts us one win above the average. Cant really complain about that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom