Don't get too cocky guys (2 Viewers)

Sorry to say but I've been thouroghly abusing my Cowgirls supporting friend, for well being a Cowgirl supporter. Big smack talk as well to my other mates who are Steeler fans.

In fairness though we talk smack about anything not just the NFL!

All jokes aside whilst confident, I'm still very cautious in our Saints. Previous history and being Welsh means that I'm always a bit pessimistic!

Sorry to say but I've been thouroghly abusing my Cowgirls supporting friend, for well being a Cowgirl supporter. Big smack talk as well to my other mates who are Steeler fans.

In fairness though we talk smack about anything not just the NFL!

All jokes aside whilst confident, I'm still very cautious in our Saints. Previous history and being Welsh means that I'm always a bit pessimistic!

All bets are off on Cowboys fans...lol. Someone at my work is a huge cowboys fan. I have been giving them a hard time recently. They emailed me after last week asking if I saw the cowboys big win. I replied with the following....

you mean the cowboys win where they had to come from behind to beat one of the worst teams in he league. The cowboys win where for the most part they were stone walled by one of the worst teams in the league and needed overtime to beat them. Sure, I saw that win...congrats on beating the Chiefs.

I'm talkin' all the smack I can. I will develop "class" after a couple of Super Bowls.

To an extent the Giants have earned to ability to be a little cocky...they have recently won a SB with some of the same players. We have to earn that right and a win of the Giants is a huge step in that direction.

All bets are off on Cowboys fans...lol. Someone at my work is a huge cowboys fan. I have been giving them a hard time recently. They emailed me after last week asking if I saw the cowboys big win. I replied with the following....

you mean the cowboys win where they had to come from behind to beat one of the worst teams in he league. The cowboys win where for the most part they were stone walled by one of the worst teams in the league and needed overtime to beat them. Sure, I saw that win...congrats on beating the Chiefs.

Thats nice, good work. In fairness to my Cowboy fan friend his knowledge of the NFL is lacking shall we say.

A bunch of us all went to Wembley last year to watch the Saints game. All in the pub/bar before the game, queue mocking of him wearing a Romo jersey - not just from me as well.

"He's the best QB in the NFC"

What happened afer that wasn't pretty......

Look at his join date. When you slinging al ot of crap you usually get it rubbed in your mouth and face when it comes bac around.

Some of you act you don't know how to win, maybe you don't being Saint's fan. Have not ever won anything. Besides, 4&0 is just that, nothing more. 12 more games to go. What we liked about Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, Marcus Allen and some of the greats were they were humble but they kicked butt. I'm all about living it up, partying and relishing the moment but a true champion knows how to win with class and you respect them for it.

Well, you can look at my join date too and get a little confused. This is my second account on SR, the first one would've shown a join date of... 2000 or 2001 I think. "KenO@BR" back then, but I couldn't remember the login info and it wouldn't send me the details, so....

I really was just looking at the number of posts. There have been 4 or 5 posts in the last couple of days that just felt.... Fishy. *shrug*
And they were all by posters that no-one had ever noticed before with a post count in the 20s.

Recently the Saints bandwagon has erupted this year and the fans are coming out from under the rocks. We are off to a great start this year but with great teams comes crappy bandwagon fans. These fans are usually classless, cocky, and arrogant and they make our fanbase look like crap. We are a fan base which has earned respect from multiple fan bases or they either don't hate us. Let's keep it that way. We don't want to become like a lot of those other fan bases who are classless and talk loads of trash. If you see one of your fellow fans talking trash we need to tell them to cut the crap. I like being part of a special community and a good fanbase.

That being said, lets take out the Giants and the rest of the NFC East this year.

I remember when we started 5-0 with Wilson as QB, we went into Pittsburgh, and Kevin Greene and Greg Lloyd were in the backfield so much I thought they were RB's. Season nosedived at that point.

The Giants are a very good, well coached team and I'm sure they'll bring their "A" game, and they better, cause you know we will.

I'm not cocky, just confident.

I'm excited.

Bobby Hebert was even on national news this morning on a little segment about The Saints nurturing local's spirits.

As far as the intelligent football fan base your aiming for......well, that sounds nice in theory, but in reality we need a full spectrum of fans to be a successful fan base.

We need the mentally challenged intimidators, the intelligent analyists type, the optimist, the pessimist, the haters, the lovers, the old farts and the freshly made farts, the guys on dates with girlfriends, the crazies, the hardcore and the dude who got tickets from his company and is checking out his only game of the year, the guys who dress up as robots and the guy who wears an LSU hat that we all hate.

That's just part of our culture.. We are that mix of people! So just embrace it and be whoever you are.

I'm excited.

Bobby Hebert was even on national news this morning on a little segment about The Saints nurturing local's spirits.

As far as the intelligent football fan base your aiming for......well, that sounds nice in theory, but in reality we need a full spectrum of fans to be a successful fan base.

We need the mentally challenged intimidators, the intelligent analyists type, the optimist, the pessimist, the haters, the lovers, the old farts and the freshly made farts, the guys on dates with girlfriends, the crazies, the hardcore and the dude who got tickets from his company and is checking out his only game of the year, the guys who dress up as robots and the guy who wears an LSU hat that we all hate.

That's just part of our culture.. We are that mix of people! So just embrace it and be whoever you are.

You get a :plus-un2:!

Sorry, Can't help it. This is the most confidence I've ever had in this team, (been a die hard fan since the early 70's) there's something special going on here. It's like Mike Tyson in his prime...step up and take your butt whipping like a man.

WHO DAT!

I've been able to sit back and just take in the compliments so far this year. I haven't talked alot of trash as of yet. But believe me, if we at the halfway point are still rolling like this........ Every FREEKING BEAR FAN, PACKER FAN and any other Northern teams fan base that's been giving me $hit for the last 20 odd years are gonna hear it!!
Cocky, no......... PROUD and gonna let everyone know about it!!!

Not all us new guys are bandwagoneers. I've been reading this forum for a few years now, but did not want to get caught up in the talk and lose time out of my day. Well, I guess i'm just a little too excited now. :) couldn't hold back anyMORE!
GEAAAUUUUXX SAAAIIIINNNTTSS!!!

I've had to keep my mouth shut for 38 yrs as a Saints fan...I'm gonna talk some smack while I can...:ezbill:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom