Don't get too cocky guys (1 Viewer)

Of course I'm on the Bandwagon. Been riding since 67, hence the name. I'm drinking deep of the kool-aid. However, let's get to 8/0 or 6/2.

we can easily take a slide from here and Atlanta doesn't appear to be a slouch of a team either. Roddy White jus woke up( it appears). And we still have some other very good NFC teams to deal with. 4 & 0 is not going to be the bench mark of how far we go.

But its a GREAT START!!!!!!!!

I don't want to be cocky. But we don't get seasons like this often. I'm confident, not cocky that we will have a special year and we are the better team most if not all Sundays this year. Only the Saints can beat the Saints this year...I truly believe this.

I'm not a big mouth runner, but if we win the SB, I will be going George Carlinesque on fools I know that have ran they're tunnels and dissed the Saints. I patiently await..Oh yeah, thats right! Im gonna rain down a fire of hell upon them, cause most of the folks I know only wear gear of the previous years SB winner. I call them bandfagginers! ;)

Because he was around the last time the saints were winning or because he's around now?

I haven't been on this board that long either... just sayin.
I haven't been on this board long either but have been driving from Texas to New Orleans with my season tickets since 1997 so don't judge everyone by join dates.

I'm excited.

Bobby Hebert was even on national news this morning on a little segment about The Saints nurturing local's spirits.

As far as the intelligent football fan base your aiming for......well, that sounds nice in theory, but in reality we need a full spectrum of fans to be a successful fan base.

We need the mentally challenged intimidators, the intelligent analyists type, the optimist, the pessimist, the haters, the lovers, the old farts and the freshly made farts, the guys on dates with girlfriends, the crazies, the hardcore and the dude who got tickets from his company and is checking out his only game of the year, the guys who dress up as robots and the guy who wears an LSU hat that we all hate.

That's just part of our culture.. We are that mix of people! So just embrace it and be whoever you are.

Sounds like a good gumbo to me! Cook some rice. Just curious and for my own personel information. when are you considered an old fart? I think I may be coming around that bend :mwink:

Because he was around the last time the saints were winning or because he's around now?

I haven't been on this board that long either... just sayin.

i just hate when people call out other posters for being either new, or not having a lot of posts

i know posters here who have been around forever and cant figure out how to post a quality thought

there are new posters or fans that offer a lot more than some of the other people.....and beyond that, being new to a forum doesnt make you a new fan....it may just be that you are new to forums

I am in the middle right now. I am at the point where I am extremely excited about our team, however I am trying to limit the smack talk being used because things can change. I am of the believe that we have to take it one game at a time. Each game is the biggest game of the season for us and it is all about the Giants this week.

Good post. I'm in the same boat - I'm confident that this team can play with any team in the NFL. I don't see being confident in the Saints chances Sunday and posting it here on SR.com as "smack talk". No "smack talk" would be registering on a Giants board, running down their team, talking about how the Saints were going to smash the Giants. I don't see much of that. Giants fans are not much different from us - confident in there team.

Surfing their boards there is obviously a difference in the fact that the Giants have had a lot of nationally televised games (so Saints fans have seen their team in action) and the Saints haven't (Giants fans knowledge of the Saints is very limited). Posts on their boards reflect it. Again for the most part they haven't been here much displaying that ignorance.

Sunday will be a matchup of two very good teams, one will win, one will lose but a loss isn't going to end either teams season........

Ya know, this 20's-post thing is bothering me. I've been a Saints fan since I was a kid in the early 80's. I've been surfing and reading this site for many years. Probably since 03-04ish. I didn't "join" until 08 and haven't talked much since. Why would that make me less of a fan, or a bandwagon fan at that?
I haven't missed a game in years, am on this site daily, talk Saints football all year, listen to Bobby and Deke ritually and am a proud card carrying member of The Who Dat Nation!

I mean, for Breesus Christ sake, we know you're special for having 8 gazillion post and been a member of SR since before the site existed, but relax already.

Or maybe I need to relax.......or just post more.

All I know is, come game time, I am as rabid a fan as any of y'all!! Don't believe me...S.Rampart and Girod. Coors Light stage. DJ spins sick tunes...or Sect. 112 come kickoff.

In Breesus' name we pray,

Who Dat!

I see some brand new Saints T-shirts around town. (In Omaha NE of all places) - I know they are fair-weather fans, but it don't matter to me. It's such a rare event to have "fair weather" I am going to enjoy every moment.
Although..... I have to admit I feel a bit smug with my faded bumper stickers and worn out T-shirts. Of course being a long time fan makes it harder to enjoy the success. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. Well do I remember the saying: "It wouldn't be the Saints without the heartache."
I hope we keep the fair weather fans and get even more. Hell, I'll even, happily, do all the things I promised to do if the Saints ever won a Super Bowl.

I am in the middle right now. I am at the point where I am extremely excited about our team, however I am trying to limit the smack talk being used because things can change. I am of the believe that we have to take it one game at a time. Each game is the biggest game of the season for us and it is all about the Giants this week.

Well said.

Here we go with the look at how many posts he has.
I have been lurking since day one, if I am not mistake this board has had a different name. I dont blame you....but I am a Die Hard Saints fan....If we have a lead I dont taunt, I dont celebrate the victory like some other teams fans around other people. I celebrate some plays but to be humble is my game

Bah. I saw my first Saints game in '85 when I was 7 years old. My father and his group of season ticket holders dressed up in tuxedos for the first playoff game in Saints history. I know many fans who have been around longer and many who are new to rooting for our boys.

Not one of the Saints fans that I have ever met has ever been able to, with any semblance of sanity, talk about how the Saints were going to win a football game without a large lump in the back of their throat. This may not be the best team in Saints history, but it sure as heck is the best team in Saints history to root for. You can walk into a bar with your jersey on and proudly proclaim that the boys are gonna win and not get to worried about getting laughed out of the joint.

I say enjoy it. Embrace it. There really is no way we will be associated with Philly fans or Dallas fans or whatnot. I wouldn't try to be a jerk, but if you haven't told a Panther fan that we are gonna sweep them this year, what are you waiting for?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom